Home

Did you get in the weekend beta for this weekend?

Jae Onasi

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I've played so far (Sith Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter), I'm liking it. Definitely not regretting my preorder now.

QFT

Loving it, never played a MMO, but so far so good. Only messed with a smuggler so far, took it to getting off planet, don't know if I even want to try anything else since smuggler is so much fun.

Coruscant is a major achievement IMO, its almost breathtaking. Character creation and Looks can be pretty generic, seeing two hundred Jedi in the same outfit with the same droid and same lightsaber can be a bit mind-numbing at times, but I'm just in awe of what they've achieved... and this is only to level 10.

I mainly looked around and got my better weapon, I dont want to grind out and stress a character that'll be destroyed in a few hours.

up to now, 8.5/10

I did two different Smugglers to getting off planet, now a Jei Consular. It has been a fun game to play, but up until I saw the Jedi Temple, it wasn't KOTOR. Now it feels like KOTOR to me.

If you see a blue female Twi'lek running around kill things, it could be me, just don't call me ma'am. Already been told I'm playing pretty good for a girl. :D

I haven't bothered checking the forums here all weekend for obvious reasons, but just looking through it now it was funny to see the flurry of "**** this" posts when the weekend beta launched, followed by a bunch of "hey this is pretty sweet" posts following some gameplay XD.

To be fair, I went through the same mood swings, but only in Skype. Anyway, post-beta, I'm definitely looking forward to playing come December.

Good to hear everything is positive so far. I might not be there on launch, but I hope to try it soon thereafter.

Is basically everyone soloing at this point?

Mav and I played 100% in a group, the only times we'd split up were for turning in our class quests. So you can really go either way.

Is basically everyone soloing at this point?

I went solo for all but one quest. That quest it was pretty much impossible to do solo. Luckily a group of three was having problems with it and requested I join them. That when I was told I was pretty good for a girl even though I was the one that killed 60% of the enemy including the boss. I just needed them to occupy some of the enemy while I worked.

There was also a point after the prologue where I needed a group to finish, so I just finished another smuggler’s prologue up to that point that I had started Saturday night. I did find that while playing solo as a Jedi, other people playing Jedi class are more likely to help you with a tough fighting without joining a group. More than once I was getting my butt handed to me when someone showed up to help in the niche of time. Never had that happen with a smuggler, but never really had anything hand me my butt as a smuggler too.

Luckily a group of three was having problems with it and requested I join them.
Do you basically have to find people that are more or less of your level in order for them to join you on the quest? I guess I am slightly concerned that if I join this game a bit late and don't have a lot of free time to play, I'll be "left in the dust" by all you good LF folks that I would typically want to play with...

Didn't feel really like KotOR to me, until I saw the Jedi Temple. Was having a blast before that, but after that I was completely sold hook, line and sinker.

Do you basically have to find people that are more or less of your level in order for them to join you on the quest? I guess I am slightly concerned that if I join this game a bit late and don't have a lot of free time to play, I'll be "left in the dust" by all you good LF folks that I would typically want to play with...

No Prime. According to what Lynk told me (so sue him if I'm wrong) you can go back and play along with someone, just not forward. If that is the case, you don't need to worry, I'll go back to help you. It was just all the servers were so busy this weekend we ended going where we could get in not where other LF members were. (he does say it depends on if it is a class mission or not)

I pretty much played solo, except for two or three missions that I needed help with. If I had levelled up more, I would've been able to do them by myself.

I played on the Kaleetek(?) PVP server because it was one of the three servers that the devs said new characters should go to. I tried joining one of the existing PVE servers, but the queues for those were like 2000+.

I'm curious, do people have a preference for PVP or PVE servers? I noticed that I would sometimes get flagged for PVP for a "performing a hostile action".

I'm curious, do people have a preference for PVP or PVE servers? I noticed that I would sometimes get flagged for PVP for a "performing a hostile action".

When I played WoW I preferred PvP servers, but I ended up rerolling on a PvE server with my brother to play with friends. We both missed the tension when seeing the other faction in the same area as us.

Plus it's always nice to be able to kill someone who stole a node from you. Or just killing someone and taking a node they wanted.

When I played WoW I preferred PvP servers, but I ended up rerolling on a PvE server with my brother to play with friends. We both missed the tension when seeing the other faction in the same area as us.

Plus it's always nice to be able to kill someone who stole a node from you. Or just killing someone and taking a node they wanted.

I remember playing Lineage II and it being pretty annoying to get ganked by some dude at a higher level than you. Until I read up on how PVP works in TOR, I'm leaning towards PVE servers.

I remember playing Lineage II and it being pretty annoying to get ganked by some dude at a higher level than you. Until I read up on how PVP works in TOR, I'm leaning towards PVE servers.

Yeah, getting ganked is annoying when it happens, but getting into a fight shakes things up in a way that I enjoy. I imagine that the LF guild will be PvE though, since the randomness probably isn't too conducive to carebears RP and chillaxing.

Edit: I don't even know why I'm weighing in on this, since the earliest I'll start playing will probably be in the summer.

Archived