Home

Did you get in the weekend beta for this weekend?

Jae Onasi

Thats why I cant play MMO's with women, because they are pushed in to a matriarch position and protected by all the guys in the guild... Man, I've had death threats from pre pubescent kids and 40 year old virgins because I 'Disrespected' 'the Girl'.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats why I cant play MMO's with women, because they are pushed in to a matriarch position and protected by all the guys in the guild... Man, I've had death threats from pre pubescent kids and 40 year old virgins because I 'Disrespected' 'the Girl'.

How in the world do you tell if someone is a "girl" or not in a MMO?

That may explain why people were protecting my female Twi'lek Jedi and my female Mirialan Jedi.

That may explain why people were protecting my female Twi'lek Jedi and my female Mirialan Jedi.

I remember when I played WoW that more hardcore healers would make female characters because it made people more inclined to protect them, at least in PUG's.

So, question for those of you who managed to play and get into PUG's: was there a noticeable role disparity (i.e. tonnes of DPS characters and a shortage of tanks or healers)?

nearly everyone uses Ventrilo or the likes, kind of a give away :) PVE yea, you may get some transvestite-gamers, but I know most of the people who I PVP with have a "No Voice chatty, No Groupy" rule.

Do you basically have to find people that are more or less of your level in order for them to join you on the quest? I guess I am slightly concerned that if I join this game a bit late and don't have a lot of free time to play, I'll be "left in the dust" by all you good LF folks that I would typically want to play with...

I'd go back and help you out leveling. I'm going to play every class at some point, so I'll have toons at a variety of levels.

I'm curious, do people have a preference for PVP or PVE servers? I noticed that I would sometimes get flagged for PVP for a "performing a hostile action".

The 'flagged for PvP' thing will happen if you hit someone else with your class specific buff skill, even if it's on a PvE server. What I do then is right click on my portrait, turn PvP on, then turn it off again.

I prefer PvE servers, but I'm not a big PvPer. Some people like the challenge of random players possibly attacking. I prefer to just play the game with what the devs throw at me. That being said, a good PvP match now and then can be a lot of fun.

Good, good, keep thinking that way. My LOTRO burglar will be happy to backstab the crap out of the monsters (and quite possibly you in PvP) any day with anyone, and is quite good at it, thank you. You'd be taking up valuable server space that another player who doesn't cower at my steely knives could use if you played on my server with me. Don't friend Jolie'bindo on Belgoth's Beacon unless you plan on staying out of my Consular's way of DPSing. ;P

Do you basically have to find people that are more or less of your level in order for them to join you on the quest? I guess I am slightly concerned that if I join this game a bit late and don't have a lot of free time to play, I'll be "left in the dust" by all you good LF folks that I would typically want to play with...

Not to worry man, I'll be in the same boat. "I'll be your Huckleberry" :lol:

While I have the CE and "early" access.. I don't have the luxury of time this part of the year. Weekends mostly.

With Skyrim seducing me and ME3 on the March horizon.. I won't be power-playing ToR as much as most. Of course I'll be around, just not an every day thing.

Trust me ChAiNz, once you fiddle around with TOR, you are going to forget all about that Skyrim place for a few months. I'm actually worried about ME3's March released, BioWare knew what they were doing when they moved back its release date.

I really wished I would have been as smart as you and skipped the beta last weekend. I may have been able to complete Skyrim a time or two before the early access.

nearly everyone uses Ventrilo or the likes, kind of a give away :) PVE yea, you may get some transvestite-gamers, but I know most of the people who I PVP with have a "No Voice chatty, No Groupy" rule.

Heh. I usually play Women in MMO's. Like I wanna stare at a guy's butt for months or years on end. Granted I do let people know I'm a guy if they ask, or if they hit on me(happened a couple of times), but most gamers nowadays know that there's no women on the internet:D

I remember when I played WoW that more hardcore healers would make female characters because it made people more inclined to protect them, at least in PUG's.

So, question for those of you who managed to play and get into PUG's: was there a noticeable role disparity (i.e. tonnes of DPS characters and a shortage of tanks or healers)?

Definitely light on tanks and healers, but that will eventually settle down. For example, four of us that were grouping together were all classes we would never in a million years be playing live, as they are outside our skillset. I was playing a Sith Marauder, and I usually play ranged DPS. MY GF was also a SM, but usually plays a healer class. Etc etc.

And as far as the female topic... we know because we're on vent/ts/mumble with them. lol

I'll be there this weekend!

I wish i had a screen shot of my most ugly smuggler character, looks like the golem character from lord of the rings but with some hair....will see if i can get a pic if my characters are from last testing still there

Hey with Guilds can you join more then one?

This will be the first MMO for me.

@ logan23: One character cannot join more than one guild, but they can leave one guild and then join another if they'd like.

Additionally, you can have more than one character on your account, so if you have a Jedi, he/she can join a guild and then your Trooper can join another guild... or even the same guild as your Jedi.

And the other half of the fun of an MMO is being part of a greater community, where you can run by other people and randomly give them a buff to help them on their journey even though you don't even know who that person is.

Or when you see someone fighting a group of enemies, you help them out by throwing a sticky grenade into the group (which they've already tagged and have white circles under their feet so you know that that player you're helping gets the credit for those kills) to help out that person you don't even know get on with his quest with a few less enemies to worry about.

Some people are even known to just randomly trade away nice items to lower level players for the hell of it. These people are rare, but it happens.

I actually found my self constantly checking the health of other Player characters to see if they are in a fight where they look as if they were losing or heavily out numbered with low health. I would jump in to help out. (in the last testing weekend I did)

It just felt natural to go in and help other players, feels good

I didn't know about the white circle, what it meant.

I will take note of that.

Some people are even known to just randomly trade away nice items to lower level players for the hell of it. These people are rare, but it happens.
That last bit is probably going to be fairly unique to testing, once we hit release instead of free trades, crap is going to actually go up on the Galactic Market and you're gonna see trade chat spammed with "WTS **** for way too much"

Since I went DPS this time, I'll probably be helping a lot of people out with earlier quests. Plus on my race to see new planets, I skipped a bunch of heroics and some side quests. Now that my class quests have become nightmare difficulty, I can go back and hit those "lesser" quests. I can assure that anyone who starts the game late will have plenty of others to help them out. Or you could join a guild early and have them help you out(my guild is pretty good about that). PLUS there's all kinds of people who roll alts. I know I do. Once I get to max level with one class, I roll a second that is counter to that one(ie if I have DPS I roll a healer).

Archived