Home

Did you get in the weekend beta for this weekend?

Jae Onasi

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you basically have to find people that are more or less of your level in order for them to join you on the quest? I guess I am slightly concerned that if I join this game a bit late and don't have a lot of free time to play, I'll be "left in the dust" by all you good LF folks that I would typically want to play with...

No need to worry about that. Guild members and friends will always be happy to go back and help you with early stuff.

The one thing you need to watch out for, though, is that they don't kill all the enemies, find all the objectives, and solve all the puzzles for you. I got a little frustrated with that in Guild Wars. My old-timer guildmates ran through the missions, and I was wondering what happened.

That should not happen on your class questline because only characters of another class can accompany you into the areas where you work those quests. They can help you kill monsters, but they can't make any decisions in the quest. That part is "instanced", and all conversations are for you only. I really like that.

Come join us as soon as you can, Prime!

I've played through two classes on opposite factions up to their mid 20s and dabbled in some others... I like what I've experienced, especially when it comes to the class story quests and playing with other folks like Mav and Jeff. Lotsa fun to be had, though I've never really had.

Never expected it to be anything but what it is, an MMO with voice acting and a few BioWare touches.

I think I'm just too used to full MMO's, and RPG's as separate entities. when mixing them you do lose a lot.

I enjoy the game, and the era is pure gold, and I'm gonna have a lot of fun. Maybe not as much as the smoke I'd blown up my own ass had me believe though hehe :)

I played last beta weekend, got one toon to level 11, and it was OK, logged in today... lasted 15 minutes and logged out. I think I've been living in some kind of KotOR fanboy dream world, and I awoke to find a game I wouldn't normally play.

So you essentially played the equivalent of Endar Spire in KotOR and judged the whole game based on that? Having been in the regular beta, I can tell you that the first 10 levels are different than the next twenty. But then I have really liked this game. Not sure it's for everyone(or rather I'm SURE it isn't for everyone), but it is a whole load of fun.

I think I've been living in some kind of KotOR fanboy dream world, and I awoke to find a game I wouldn't normally play.

I wish more people would realize that.

Never expected it to be anything but what it is, an MMO with voice acting and a few BioWare touches.

Word.

So you essentially played the equivalent of Endar Spire in KotOR and judged the whole game based on that? Having been in the regular beta, I can tell you that the first 10 levels are different than the next twenty. But then I have really liked this game. Not sure it's for everyone(or rather I'm SURE it isn't for everyone), but it is a whole load of fun.

I only had the time to play through the first 12 levels, I got to Kaas city with my Inquisitor....it was all very straightforward and dare I say linear. Levels 20-30 are more like WoW? With more things to do in areas? The grouping for the 'heroic' quests was cool though...having a WoW background certainly helps, since I didn't die one time and went all CC on enemies, where other players would only bash and smash...

I only had the time to play through the first 12 levels, I got to Kaas city with my Inquisitor....it was all very straightforward and dare I say linear. Levels 20-30 are more like WoW? With more things to do in areas? The grouping for the 'heroic' quests was cool though...having a WoW background certainly helps, since I didn't die one time and went all CC on enemies, where other players would only bash and smash...

My quest log from Coruscant(Kaas on my IA) on would periodically fill to the point where the quest tracker would have a note on the bottom "4 other quests" There are a TON of side quests. 1-10 are almost completely linear to get you familiar with how the game works, and how your skills work. By Nar Shaddaah you would actually have to go out of your way to avoid heroics.

My quest log from Coruscant(Kaas on my IA) on would periodically fill to the point where the quest tracker would have a note on the bottom "4 other quests" There are a TON of side quests. 1-10 are almost completely linear to get you familiar with how the game works, and how your skills work. By Nar Shaddaah you would actually have to go out of your way to avoid heroics.

You made my day :)

Last question though: I didn't play any instances, is there somekind of 'dungeon finder' system when you reach a certain level? WoW was streamlined like that...

You made my day :)

Last question though: I didn't play any instances, is there somekind of 'dungeon finder' system when you reach a certain level? WoW was streamlined like that...

No dungeon finder as of yet. Doesn't mean it won't be in for launch though. And I haven't gotten in to test the next build. Of course I'm more of a solo player, so I try my darndest to do the non-group stuff to see if it's a viable playstyle(so far, it is for those of you wondering). I've never really had any difficulty finding groups for the heroics I picked up though. I'm thinking it will be even easier to pick up groups as a healer(as I intend to be in launch). Most of that stuff is still above my level though(playing solo makes the game take longer to level as you sometimes have to slog through more quests and all the bonus stuff so you can outlevel your class quest because some of the difficulties were accidentally turned up to 11). Plus I've been working on crafting, so that eats up a lot of time.

So you essentially took 7 hours to complete the Endar Spire? wow mate.

I enjoyed it to a degree, I leveled a couple of toons to level 10 or above, a warrior to 14. I'm just nowhere near as pumped for the game as I was before I played it.

So you essentially took 7 hours to complete the Endar Spire? wow mate.

I enjoyed it to a degree, I leveled a couple of toons to level 10 or above, a warrior to 14. I'm just nowhere near as pumped for the game as I was before I played it.

No, I'm talking about percentages. The first 10 levels are essentially the tutorial. After that point it gets more diverse.

Didn't feel really like KotOR to me, until I saw the Jedi Temple. Was having a blast before that, but after that I was completely sold hook, line and sinker.

^ This. I actually stopped playing after that so I could preserve myself for when I can play the retail release :3

i'm not sure if I got into the weekend beta or not. I was contacted monday and told I was aproved to play the beta.

when were the weekend testers told they were able to test the game?

as much as it pains me to admit it, I loved it. I was really hoping to be able to find massive holes that I could tear into and say "This is why this game won't work!", but I never found that.

i'm not sure if I got into the weekend beta or not. I was contacted monday and told I was aproved to play the beta.

when were the weekend testers told they were able to test the game?

as much as it pains me to admit it, I loved it. I was really hoping to be able to find massive holes that I could tear into and say "This is why this game won't work!", but I never found that.

If you were able to test on any day besides the weekend, you are in the regular beta. If you got your invite Monday you were probably in the regular beta. Weekenders got theirs mostly on Wednesday.

I just got a rather discouraging email...."We hope you've enjoyed playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we look forward to seeing you when the game launches. But you don't have to wait until Dec. 20th to play again. Pre-order now for Early Game Access and you could start playing up to 5 days before the official launch of the game." copied and pasted.

I may have just been in the weekend testers ... I'll find out tonight for sure. at least they're doing the same rate for mmo's as everyone else (15 a month).

source: http://www.swtor.com/info/faq#203369

I just got a rather discouraging email...."We hope you've enjoyed playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we look forward to seeing you when the game launches. But you don't have to wait until Dec. 20th to play again. Pre-order now for Early Game Access and you could start playing up to 5 days before the official launch of the game." copied and pasted.

I may have just been in the weekend testers ... I'll find out tonight for sure. at least they're doing the same rate for mmo's as everyone else (15 a month).

source: http://www.swtor.com/info/faq#203369

Eh, if you go to http://www.swtor.com/tester whilst logged in you can see which tests you were invited to.

Tried it, was sorely disappointed. My computer is too old and too ****ty to run it properly, so it was unplayable. Even had horrible framerates during character creation. I doubt I'll be playing this in the foreseeable future.

Yeah same here... my laptop isn't really suitable for gaming and my PC is back at my dads place in Finland :p so no TOR for me at least in the near future.

Archived