Home

Harry Potter series concludes...

Ferc Kast

dh2cover-01.jpg?w=201&h=280

Well, yesterday was the release of the final half of the final Harry Potter to Blu Ray & DVD. As the posters for its theatrical release said, "It all ends here." Now, both the books and the movies are all completed. What began in 1997, with the first book's release in the UK, is now over; Though, the magic will continue to live on. For those following the series, when did it finally hit that there would be no more movies/books?

I've followed the series since I was in 3rd grade when one of my teachers read the first book in-class. My mom hardly believed I could read that much and retain the details; as a result, she had asked me questions about the book to which I answered correctly. To answer my own question, I only realized the series' completion as I opened the box from Amazon, took off the case's plastic and opened the case.

I actually rather like what I've seen of the series (the fanfic "My Immortal", second-to-last movie, first book, and last movie in that order), but I do sometimes get very annoyed by people who adore and worship the series, especially the people in the theater who cried while watching either of the Deathly Hallows. I grant that there are some moving moments, but... crying? And admitting to it? Have some pride, fans.

Indeed. The series concluded in 2007. I stopped watching the movies after GoF. God they were terrible.

True, it did technically conclude then; but, now the film adaptations of the series have concluded (as far as availability to purchase). Aside from some parts being left out, I disagree with them being terrible. :)

Archived