Home

Model Help Please

harIII

What I'm doing seems to be simple enough. I loaded up the revan model into 3ds Max 2010, deleted the mask, exported, compiled, and tested the new model. Also note that this is work with Sith Specter's animated Revan model. I want to remove the mask and add a head to it. However there are two things that are flipping me out.

1 - In the place where the mask use to be, it's now invisible, I mean all the way through the hood, I can see the ground behind the character. If you rotate the camera around and look at the character from the back side, it appears normal. This I'm not sure how big of a problem it may be once I get a head added which is my second problem.

2 - I created a new entry in the appearance.2da file and added a head for the new revan model. However whenever I load the game, I don't see the head, all there is, is that invisible hole if I look through the front of the hood. I'm hoping that once I add the face, it will block the invisible hole and I won't have to worry about it. How do I get a head added?

Also on a side note, how can I get the new revan model to replace the old sion model. I want to see revan on the main menu rather than sion.

As far as the head goes, you need to add a headhook. Using the ascii method, just search "headhook" in another model's ascii file and copy the node into the bottom of the revan model's ascii. You might have to play around with the position in 3ds though. Should do what you want though :)

Archived