Home

Race or Class?

mimartin

Which is more important to you when choosing your first character in TOR?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more important to you when choosing your first character in TOR?

• Race
    • Class

1). Which is more important to you when choosing your first character in TOR? Do you pick the race and then pick the class based on the Race you want or do you first Choice the Class and then decide on the Race?

2). Which Class and Race do you plan on using first?

3). Which Race/Class, that isn’t confirmed thus far, do you want to see in future expansions?

My answers

1). Race

2). Smuggler Mirialan or Twi'lek. (Female) - When I go dark, I will switch to male characters. If I ever go Jedi it will most likely be a Miraluka, Mirialan, or Twi’lek (again female).

3). Togorians

I like a mix... and since, in TOR, race doesn't really matter and is just a cosmetic factor, it really depends on personal preference rather than any gameplay factor which gives people a lot more freedom.

I've planned out the characters I'll be doing for all 8 classes and the only human on my list is my main, the Trooper... the rest are aliens/the cyboorg... of course in terms of the male/female split, I've chosen 4 of the characters to be female and the other 4 to be male.

That is if I ever play all of the character classes lol.

I'm playing based on class, my first one will be Jedi Knight. But I'm a little disappointed that so far at least, one of the species that I am most interested in isn't available that I would really like. I'm not sure if it's been specifically announced though, so I don't want to say. If this species isn't available at launch, I'll be human.

I was always going to be playing the Bounty Hunter first, regardless of races available to choose from for the class. But I am disappointed in how little races there are available to choose from. I'll be going for a human BH, I don't like the Rattataki and I'll reserve the Zabrak or Chiss for other classes.

As for races playable in future expansions: I'd like to see Kel Dor, Ithorians but especially Rodians. I mean, come on, they're Rodians! One of the most recognizable species in Star Wars!

I almost always play human, and make him look like me, but I will say I have been set on playing a Pureblood since they were announced, been a fan since they were first seen in the mid nineties :) So, I was gonna be a force user, but I wanted Pureblood regardless of skillset

• 3 weeks later...

Archived