Home

Monkey Island 2 SE: other language subs not working

reyearthnexus

Hi there guys

I ve been reading around these pages for last 2 hours without findind any solution for this problem, that as far as I know it's not just "mine".:confused:

I m talking about the not working subs in any other language in MISE 2. I ve tried everything I could..

- I used MI explorer and find the .info files and tried to replace the it/ (i'm italian) ones with the eng files. I didnt work because, as I read here, as the monkey2.pak file is repacked it's slightly different form the original and doesnt work. I tried a way to import o replace files directly in MI explorer or a similar software, but I didnt find anything like that.:¬:

-Then I tried working on speech.info and other files in audio folder but without any good result

-Then I tried with some oder editors (epic failure..).:eek:

In the end I read that perhaps the subs are in the 000 and 001 original files but how the hell could I take them and use the in game-text within??:mad:

Sorry to bother you, I wouldnt like to give up ...:¬:

any help is appreciated

If you are trying to manipulate the game resources (such as to load an unofficial translation), you can use scummtr to extract/insert/replace text from the .000 or .001 game files. No idea if these are the actual files used in the special editions.

http://hibernatus34.free.fr/scumm/

However, if you can't get the official translations working, you're better off asking LucasArts for support. (I think you can choose the game language within Steam somewhere.)

Archived