Home

The Old Republic for Dummies

mimartin

On my account page it says "You will be granted 500 Complimentary Cartel Coins at the launch of the Free-to-Play option." I still have 0 coins -_- Or unless I have to wait a day or two?

Do you have a subscription still? If it expired before yesterday, then you don't get the coins. You had to be a subscriber at launch of f2p to get coins, however they pushed back the deadline to Dec (20th I think). If you resubscribe before then you get the coins...Other wise I have no clue why you did get the coins...Make a in-game ticket

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you have a subscription still? If it expired before yesterday, then you don't get the coins. You had to be a subscriber at launch of f2p to get coins, however they pushed back the deadline to Dec (20th I think). If you resubscribe before then you get the coins...Other wise I have no clue why you did get the coins...Make a in-game ticket

I am a sub, started at November 6th.

Most heroics don't have prerequisites to do. And all are repeatable daily, that's why the mention of them being good credits and xp. Plus the fact that they're repeatable does help for helping out others, unlike WoW where it was "you did it once, never again, good luck people who are starting the game late and there's no one around to do the group quests with".

thanks the phone company is upgrading my system locally so that will solve that part.

thanks again for the help here. I had to slap Doc down a bit, he had some very stupid requests when he signed on for my crew, and he was insulting to Kira so i told him clearly to behave himself and he is not happy with me but i dont give a stellar i dont put up with nasty attitudes no matter how useful a crew member can be. I hope he learns some manners :)

is this true? Companion's gear wont register unless we take it ALL off and then put it back on each time we summon them?

what happens if we dont? will they still get any credit for their gear? or will it just not show at all?

i have been away working for a bit, and waiting for an internet upgrade so i could play again...and just saw this note on the newest patch...any info on this companion thing?

It was sort of a pain at first, but then it got kind of funny--undressing my companions to their underwear everytime I changed instances or got on or off the speeder, then redressing them again. Just had to make sure I had plenty of room in my inventory to do it all at the same time.

It was like: "Right, Mako, it's time to kill the bad guys now." "Ok. No, wait!" *strips off all clothing and equipment for no apparent reason, then puts it all back on again* "Ok. Ready. Wait! Does this blaster make me look fat?"

Hopefully, that'll be fixed tonight. :)

It was a pain doing dailies on my fresh 50 agent. Rocket Boost...strip Temple...speeder...strip Temple...walk in door... strip Temple....walk out door...strip Temple... elevator ...strip Temple... I am afraid the poor girl may be getting the wrong idea.

It is fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so some more questions from me.

1. I have 3 toons... a lvl 50 Gunslinger a lvl 25 Sentinal and a lvl 34 Sith Sorceress. On my Sith I am a healer and me and my partner are basically crafters at this point making mods and augments for each other to use.

I have 400 Armstech on the slinger 400 Synthweaving on the Sent and 400 Armormech on the Sorc.

Now my question is on the sorc being a healer would I benifit now useing more alacrity augs and power augs as opposed to resolve augs. I know 2.5 seconds doesn't seem like a long time to cast a healing power but gamewise is seems to take forever. I know endgame I would probably use more resolve than anything else but at this level alacrity is a bit harder to come by than it is in later levels. SO just wondering about that.

2. Is there a button or a way I can quickly change targets as opposed to just clicking on them. I only ask because at the end of Directive 7 the claw bugs the hell out of me. I can CC the claw when I can target it but manually targeting it takes a bit of patience and some skill and keeps you from helping dps wise. Is their an easier way of doing this? I did taget it once and hit Alt 4 like I can do with bosses but once its cc'ed and goes back up I would have to do it all over again when it comes back down.

Those are really the only 2 questions I have right now, been modifying my UI on my healer from suggestions I have seen here and on the WC site and from looking at some of the screenshots people have put up. ANy more suggestions would be great in that regard.

Thanks in advance

Eefluxx

On a sidenote earlier I had asked where do you get the gift fragments for the curator on the fleet...... I have been told it is archeology or treasure hunting that gives you these fragments can't remember which.

On the claw you have to look up slightly and hit tab.

Most likely you are using it now, but if not I would suggest using Operation Frame as a healer if grouping up enough (problem with Operation frames is companions do not show up on it and have to be healed and watched manually).

picture.php?albumid=686&pictureid=9381

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Now something else people swear by, but I have not used yet is Focus Target.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Others would be better at answering the augment question better, but use the resolve augments. Get alacrity balanced with surge in the enhancements, but stack willpower as high as possible, so make all the augments willpower.

My healer is a sawbones, but as you can see I am stacking cunning as high as possible (mav and Seijin, who know way more than me, told me to do this).

My understanding is this is the order you want your skills.

Willpower > Power > Alacrity > Force Crit > Surge

Check out Seijin first post in this thread. http://thewalkingcarpets.com/forum/page/3/m/3065305/viewthread/3519883-pve-class-guide-compendium

Thank you Hass and Mim

As it happens after I wrote that Directive 7 was the first FP I did that day and someone mention the Tab key for it.

As for the healing part that UI setup you have Mim is what I am looking for. That is perfect for what I need. I knew about the OPs frame even tho I forgot to use it in my first healing of a FP tho noone died but me when I tried to walk off the elevetor and fell down the shaft. My own mistake.

Thanks for the tips.

I wouldn't use it for anything but healing...However for healing it is great. I was using two different ones...One for ops and one for dailies, but that just gets confusing. All my heals are in one place along with my defensive cooldowns and my in cobat revive. All my attacks and stealth are below that. Speeder/travel have their place and so does vanity stuff. So even if it isn't a ability I use often, I still have a general idea where it is located.

The only real pain is moving around on ledges an stuff, but how often do I really jump around with a full Ops group.

I saw that Valiant Jedi Armour is now avaialbe at the Cartel Store, i can afford it but didnt know how it works? does it level up with you or is it set a a high level already?

just wondered...... anyone try it yet?

i got a bunch of cartel coins but dont know what to spend it on..i bought one of the packages but still dont know what to do with half of the stuff :)

Archived