Home

The Old Republic for Dummies

mimartin

1.7.0a Patch Notes

General

If a player that is abusing the chat system in the game is reported frequently by various players, they will be completely unable to post in chat for 12 hours.

Players who have not logged in since Game Update 1.4 will no longer be kicked to character select under rare circumstances.

Legacy

Removed the character level requirement for Improved Priority Transport: Personal Starship. This Legacy Global Unlock still has a Legacy Level requirement.

Corrected an issue that would automatically unlock all levels of Improved Priority Transport: Personal Starship.

Of all the issues... they fix THIS? Seriously...

They are quick to patch out stuff that profits us. But actual fixes to them breaking the game or messing up in our neglectance... forget it.

This isn't worthy of emergency patching. The GTN and repair is.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The moment I have to use guild-funds to raid. I will quit the game. That would mean dailies were costing me credits instead of making me credits. Maybe the second moment. I have been fairly broke a couple times the last few months after buying gear for Bremiaha or a alt. I could see not having funds to repair if we had a impromptu raid after I bought 63 armor, mods or enhancements.

I can answer that; Cartel market updates or stuff to sell for cc (like the ship travel unlock)... which is odd, seeing as they could offer a payment for server transfer, but hey they rather add stuff no one's looking for to spend money on than what they want (like re-customisation of looks).

And bug fixes seem pretty far down the lane :/

So, I noticed they sneaked in one of the latest patches (as it's not in any changelog) how entering an enemy base triggers the PvP-flag. I remember good times chilling out with Imperials on Hoth about 2 months ago. Tried now, got that flag on my pants. Good thing the entire base was deserted though...

Still left me with the "joy" of removing that damn infection (5 min standing still + unknown travel time going out-of-the-way from what you're doing).

Anyone ever found this in one of the patchlogs? Or knows when it was actually changed that way? And why? Are opposite fraction enemies in a base so bad they need to be flagged, even if on a server where most live peacefully together, and Sith generally help me in my battles?

Also another fun anecdote. Was doing Ilum event. Someone died on the heroic, his team fled. So I figured I would be nice and revive him. BAM. PvP flag. Tell me... why the heck is that an act of PvP? Seriously?

So much for "it's easy to avoid the pvp flag" I heard here before.

Even when TOR first came out, I got flagged on Alderaan when I accidently went up to Imperial med droid and wasn't paying attention. You should get flagged in a opposing fraction base or around their med center, otherwise that could lead to some serious griefing.

Yeah, getting flagged when entering the other factions safe area has always been the case. It's not in any patchlog because that's how it's been in the game since it started.

As for getting flagged for helping out that dude, you take action to assist a flagged person, you get flagged yourself. Simple.

You should get flagged in a opposing fraction base or around their med center, otherwise that could lead to some serious griefing.

What grieving could a person possibly do to an unflagged person?

The only problem comes when that flag IS added to the situation... :confused:

But looking back my screenshots, apparently was flagged before. I suppose I could have been pre-flagged each and every time before entering a base then... that's one persistant sucky flag... :¬:

As for getting flagged for helping out that dude, you take action to assist a flagged person, you get flagged yourself. Simple.

Don't help other people in MMO, or you get penalised. Noted. Next time I will do the proper thing and steal his kill, loot his lockbox while he fights foes and all the things we're supposed to do. God forbid you're actually helping people.

What grieving could a person possibly do to an unflagged person?
Some people can be in the base flagged. I know I would be ticked if I were to get flagged in the field, like from the AoE exploit. Then come to base where I assume to be safe only to have some jerk waiting there to kill a flagged person. At least if the flagged at the start in the base, that can't just sit and wait for the opportunity. Flagged in the base and some unflagged person spots them, then they are usually killed or at least a warning goes out in general chat.

Oh and it is very easy to troll an unflagged player as a healer. Unflagged Sith is fight with republic troops on Ilum. Republic healer can set there and heal the republic troops forever and a day. I have had imp players do that to me on Ilum more than once. Even constantly shooting force lighting at you can get annoying even though it does not damage.

The only problem comes when that flag IS added to the situation... :confused:
Nope you are wrong.

Don't help other people in MMO, or you get penalised. Noted. Next time I will do the proper thing and steal his kill, loot his lockbox while he fights foes and all the things we're supposed to do. God forbid you're actually helping people.
Whatever…. You can ask Lynk, Milt, Jasra, Mav and pretty much anyone here. I hate being flagged more than anything, but I also try to help everyone possible. So much so Lynk even gets onto me about it at times. It is a game mechanic that you help a flagged person you get flagged. It is clear and understandable. Not really open to debate. Help or don’t help that is totally up to you. Personally I help, I may have second thoughts in a area filled with Imps and not help there, but seriously getting flagged 85% of the time means little to nothing and even if you die from PvP there is no associated repair cost, so who cares.

...or you could just check if he's flagged instead of being a drama queen.

Dead people are greyed out without icons.

Once again, your "solution" isn't much of a solution...

Some people can be in the base flagged.

Well, that would be the risk of flagging yourself. If it was always a personal choice instead of forced upon the player like it is now...

I hate being flagged more than anything, but I also try to help everyone possible.

Well, so do I. :raise:

So why defend Bio's insane flagging situation?

if you die from PvP there is no associated repair cost, so who cares.

The no-cost is true. But generally one loses buffs (and I haven't leveled 4 people up so no instant recasting all class ones if I had it). The stim ones costing credits.

But most of all, it's the travelling back. Depending on the location, that can take a real long time. Think the Gree ship (all back to base) or Section X and all similar extremly long trecks back.

If it's PvE I only have myself to blame, PvP? Not so much, making it just *that* more annoying.

Anyway, why can't the flag system work;

* You only get flagged if you turn it on. This reduces any accidental pvp annoyance to 0%. There is no other way to get the flag on.

* Healing/reviving a flagged person non-flagged is only possible if no one of the other side is near. Otherwise it works as usual, but without invoking you "the flag"

* When grouping, the leader decides flagged, no-flagged. Anyone trying to join (un)flagged gets the same response as when they're in the group finder, they have to change.

(Of course, no flags on PvP servers at all)

Poke holes in this system. If you find none, feel free to suggest it to BioWare. Since it should have been that way from the start.

Well, that would be the risk of flagging yourself. If it was always a personal choice instead of forced upon the player like it is now...
Only way it is forced on you now is the AoE exploit. Every other way to get flagged is your choice. You choice to go into a pvp area, you choice to go into enemy territory, you choice to help a pvp flagged player. They are aware and are working on the exploit, but it isn’t as simple and the solution opens up other exploits and bugs. So right now they are sticking with the lesser of two evils.

So why defend Bio's insane flagging situation?
I am not defending the AoE Exploit and the others all make perfect sense. You want to see Outlaw Den; then you will have to be flagged. You want to explore the imperial base; flagged. Help a flagged player; flagged… All are very simple and easy to understand. I just understand the game is a huge social game and the game rules should not be tailored made for my enjoyment, some players enjoy PvP and they have just as much right as me to enjoy the game.

Poke holes in this system. If you find none, feel free to suggest it to BioWare. Since it should have been that way from the start.

It is one big hole...It would make you happy at the expense of a great deal of the MMO players.

Archived