Home

The Old Republic for Dummies

mimartin

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want PvP you turn your flag on. Or join your very own server.

I don't see how it makes people who want to PvP unhappy since... THEY CAN FLAG THEMSELVES.

Instead of everybody being flagged, even if full-blood PvE players. How about that part of the MMO-society that is fine being walked over?

Sure, next time I will LFG I will specifically add non-flagged. Since healers aren't hard enough to find already, true?

Other than the stupid exploit, where are you flagged that you have a problem with? You do know some people do both PvE and PvP, where do they go in you perfect world?

It isn't difficult not to get flagged for anyone paying a little attention.

Areas count down before flag (you have 10 seconds to get out).

Like Lynk wrote, pay attention before reviving people and that can be avoided. Then just don't help a pvp flagged player. As to group, flashpoints and Ops don't matter, you will not be flagged there because a group member is flagged. Heroics, well quit the group is my only suggestion.

Sure, next time I will LFG I will specifically add non-flagged. Since healers aren't hard enough to find already, true?
I have no problems ever finding a healer for anything.

They can switch on the flag. And do warzones. Or go intentionally to outden and ilum. Enough options, no?

Not quite sure, I generally seem to be flagged 24/7 against my will. I'll do more effort to ID people before helping them out in the future, hope that helps. I do know for Ilum Heroics that with a group making everyone time-out the flag seems pretty hard, and usually take far more than 5 minutes. And we usually end up with some people flagged anyway since we all get tired waiting.

Well, than you're luckier than I am. Tanks and healers can be hard to find. Non-flagged? Even worse. It's gotten a little better since finding a guild though...

They can switch on the flag. And do warzones. Or go intentionally to outden and ilum. Enough options, no?
No! We have a member of our guild that is flagged 24/7, he is on this server because his friend are on a PvE server. He likes the challenge of playing and leveling flagged. He has just as much a right to play the game to his enjoyment as you or me.

Other than the AoE exploit, it is your choice to get flagged or not and it isn't like it is difficut to turn it off. 5 mins in a safe area. Although you are right, there was a bug with the flag on ilum that last a lot longer. I had to go to the fleet to get rid of it. Of course I was purposely getting flag on ilum to do the pvp quest and the heroic in the pvp area, since it was easier and I could even solo it there.

Well, than you're luckier than I am. Tanks and healers can be hard to find. Non-flagged? Even worse. It's gotten a little better since finding a guild though...
I have no trouble, because I am a healer on my main. :xp: Have no problem with a tank either, since Lynk's main is a tank.

I'm not saying the flag should be gone. Just, the players choice.

So you're 24/7 flagged person would just... turn on his flag. Easy as that.

My choice, yeah, but it limits my options to help other players, easily traverse the map (stealth an imp base shortcut).

I also don't see why it should persist after a meddroid respawn. If not it immediately fixes your issue of spawning in a camp with enemies abound. And you can freely turn it on again if you want... since that's instant (unlike turning it off).

My choice, yeah, but it limits my options to help other players, easily traverse the map (stealth an imp base shortcut).
So I get it now, you just want to be special, you don't care if you method would open up many exploits and trolling of the opposite fraction.

It is extremely easy and simple to keep from getting flagged, except for the ONE exploit and that is even easy if you reframe from using AoEs around flagged players from the opposite fraction.

Still not sure which exploits.

And everytime I "infiltrated" an enemy base so far was good fun, dancing around with imps, jumping, talking, fireworks. Don't think I ever have been killed.

It's getting more annoying when you traverse onwards and later in the middle of nowhere do get killed by a random (group of) sith.

Going into Imp areas and farming their chests and crafting nodes with no consequences would be a exploit if Flagging worked the way you wanted. Healing NPC the opposite fraction was trying to kill in their area with no consequences, basically trolling them, would be a exploit. Making it so the opposite fraction could not complete their quest for extended periods of time would be a consequence to your not thought out suggestion as would about many other exploits that I can’t think of because my mind does not work like that.

BioWare does not want you in that area as the opposite fraction, they do not want you helping flagged players giving them a unfair advantage over the other side, I don't see what is so hard to understand about that.

So, I noticed they sneaked in one of the latest patches (as it's not in any changelog) how entering an enemy base triggers the PvP-flag. I remember good times chilling out with Imperials on Hoth about 2 months ago. Tried now, got that flag on my pants. Good thing the entire base was deserted though...

Still left me with the "joy" of removing that damn infection (5 min standing still + unknown travel time going out-of-the-way from what you're doing).

Anyone ever found this in one of the patchlogs? Or knows when it was actually changed that way? And why? Are opposite fraction enemies in a base so bad they need to be flagged, even if on a server where most live peacefully together, and Sith generally help me in my battles?

Also another fun anecdote. Was doing Ilum event. Someone died on the heroic, his team fled. So I figured I would be nice and revive him. BAM. PvP flag. Tell me... why the heck is that an act of PvP? Seriously?

So much for "it's easy to avoid the pvp flag" I heard here before.

You helped an Imp?? Why would you do that?

You are, you know, at war with them.

I never have a problem being flagged against my will (unless a player of opposite faction stepped in my aoe, which is still avoidable). If I healed a flagged player I get flagged. That's my fault. Been that way since launch.

Well, that would be the risk of flagging yourself. If it was always a personal choice instead of forced upon the player like it is now...

You are aware you're playing an MMO right??

Poke holes in this system. If you find none, feel free to suggest it to BioWare. Since it should have been that way from the start.

Riiight....right. Make it the way Hassat wants it.

Dude,..maybe you should just consider just going back to KotOR?:rolleyes:

Going into Imp areas and farming their chests and crafting nodes with no consequences would be a exploit if Flagging worked the way you wanted.

Ehm, it's already perfectly possible in the current system.

Actually, I do it pretty frequently. On Section X, Correlia, BH (and a lot more) large sections with friendly NPC's and chests and slicing boxes free for the taking. Pure profit.

Heck, I remember on Hoth hunting the datacrons one is in an imp heroic area. And the imps where fighting there and I looted the box from the champion fightfree just a little bit away from them... *not helping imps*

The current system doesn't do anything about that...

So, it's not happening just with the flagging I want.

Ehm, it's already perfectly possible in the current system.
Apples and Oranges. Not the same thing....I am talking about going into a actual opposite fraction territory where you get flagged. You’re talking about a normal daily area and shared areas; I don't know what to make of it, starting to think you are just trolling the forum.

Your suggestion is just silly and not well thought out. Besides it is completely unnecessary, they fix the AoE exploit and there is nothing wrong with the flag system now.

Apples and Oranges. Not the same thing....I am talking about going into a actual opposite fraction territory where you get flagged. You’re talking about a normal daily area and shared areas; I don't know what to make of it, starting to think you are just trolling the forum.

Your suggestion is just silly and not well thought out. Besides it is completely unnecessary, they fix the AoE exploit and there is nothing wrong with the flag system now.

Methinks you are right.

And sorry..but thats like the 9th time Ive seen it so now I am going to correct it, although I realize that you probably realize that it's not the correct word.

FACTION is an opposing group.

FRACTION is a math term.

Inside "flagged" areas (aka bases) there are no boxes, nor resource nodes. They only are in those shared areas.

As for my suggestion not being very thought out, all complains so far are untrue ("problems at base, resource nodes theft"). Still waiting for valued critic rather than 'it's not very thought out' (it is, believe me), 'it's changing the game to what you want' (reminds me of the Obsidian boards XP-discussion in regards to Project Eternity. I want the best for PvE and PvP, not myself. And the suggestion is based around that) or just 'it sucks' without any argumentation...

Inside "flagged" areas (aka bases) there are no boxes, nor resource nodes. They only are in those shared areas.

Then you have no clue what you are talking about...there are other flagged areas.

There are area on many planets outside of bases where you will be flagged outside a base in the other FACTION area.

Also there are nodes in bases, I farm the slicing ones every day in and right outside the door on the base on ilum... It is like not figuring out how you got flagged, you need to pay better attention to the game. You would have a lot less complaints if you actually did.

Done with you, you don't want to debate or look at facts, you want to make up you own facts

Ah, yes, the slicing box there. I haven't seen it in days. Wonder if it got deleted, or others are just ahead of me...

Don't know many... shared areas like there are everywhere have the most nodes and no combat. And the ones in bases then still have their own turrets to defend them. Pretty sure the Ilum one is within range of said turrets. No flagsystem changes that.

Many other areas, eh? Maybe I just don't know because I get too darn easily flagged in the first place to get those 10s warnings? Could be...

I'll definitely be more careful now in assisting strangers though, hope it helps.

Anyway, today had a group of 3 turn into 2. Teammates dissapearing, and used the re-make team suggestion here, which seemed to fix it, thanks. Maurader is still rather super-boring. Just going to finish his mq then leave the char to rot I think. Consular was/is a lot more fun.

Currently send on a quest to the Holowan Labs. I seriously doubt Bio intentionally pointed here, so probably a happy accident :)

• 3 weeks later...

So my Maurader got the option to buy a skill that charges half your health for 4 whooping seconds of almost invernability.

I didn't buy it since I can't think up any possible reason why I would ever use it. Is there any?

Also have to say my Savage Kick of the Maurader is pretty useless, unlike the Consular's version. Pommel Strike on the other hand is rather useful. My favorite combo is force choking a strong opponent, than interrupt it pre-maturel with a pommel strike.

I have it on my Sentinel and I've used it 3 or 4 times. On the Sentinel it is called guarded by the force. I wait until I'm under 10% health to pop it, hit whatever it is as hard as I can for 3 seconds and then pop a medpac. Like Lynk wrote it is for a oh noes moment, so not of much use unless you are in one of those moments.

Eh there are times when you could be at 100% health and want to pop it. Blowing up assassin droids in EC is one that I can think of, as with all abilities you need to learn the mechanics of the game in order to make the most use out of it.

Eh there are times when you could be at 100% health and want to pop it. Blowing up assassin droids in EC is one that I can think of, as with all abilities you need to learn the mechanics of the game in order to make the most use out of it.
I never get to do cool stuff like that. Plus the healer in me has a difficult time popping 1/2 my full health, unless Riptide is healing. :xp:

Archived