Home

The Old Republic for Dummies

mimartin

So a Black Hole comms dilemma.

As I have 3 50's now my first and main toon has 2 63 barrels and all 61 mods and enhancements. I can't really do anything more to him except the 63 stuff and maybe the Dreadguard earpiece and implants.

As I have nowhere near enough bh comms for those should I save my comms for 2.0 and let them be exchanged or use them and send the mods and stuff to my other 2 lvl 50's who have some 61's but mostly 56's?

And so far the Agent story has been the best in my opinion. Lots of twists and turns in it.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So a Black Hole comms dilemma.

As I have 3 50's now my first and main toon has 2 63 barrels and all 61 mods and enhancements. I can't really do anything more to him except the 63 stuff and maybe the Dreadguard earpiece and implants.

As I have nowhere near enough bh comms for those should I save my comms for 2.0 and let them be exchanged or use them and send the mods and stuff to my other 2 lvl 50's who have some 61's but mostly 56's?

And so far the Agent story has been the best in my opinion. Lots of twists and turns in it.

Black Hole Comms are going to be converted to Classic Comms in 2.0 at a ratio of 1:1. In 2.0 Classic Comms can be used to buy various things, most notably, Campaign Gear (current set piece 61 gear). The problem is that they will cost more, so like 100 Classic Comms for Campaign boots, where currently you can get Black Hole Boots and Gloves for 100 BH comms.

TL;DR: I'd say spend your BH comms now.

Black Hole Comms are going to be converted to Classic Comms in 2.0 at a ratio of 1:1. In 2.0 Classic Comms can be used to buy various things, most notably, Campaign Gear (current set piece 61 gear). The problem is that they will cost more, so like 100 Classic Comms for Campaign boots, where currently you can get Black Hole Boots and Gloves for 100 BH comms.

TL;DR: I'd say spend your BH comms now.

Well I guess I can understand why it would be more exspensive since all the comms are being converted to classic comms, meaning if you have a bunch of the others you would technically have more comms for 61 gear than you would have had before.

But I will spend them now while it is cheaper.

Thanks Mav

So a couple of more questions for those who may have played on the test server about 2.0.

1. Will any of the new armor have set bonuses in them? I mean they pretty much have said they are getting rid of Tionese, Columni and Rakata and that Black Hole will be the new Tionese in 2.0 and Black Hole armor doesn't have set bonuses in them.

2. Will their be a vendor that still sells the Campaign armor mods with the bonuses in the armor like the Black Hole vendor currently does? In my mind the only reason they did this was because of the Cartel Market allowing people to wear a variety of outfits but still keep their bonuses. So since they value their Cartel Market highly I presume will all the packs they keep coming out with I would hope they still have these armor pieces for sell somewhere.

3. Are their going to be schematic drops or even crew skill updates to learn how to make the old 25,26 and 27's mods instead of having to RE them?

1. Will any of the new armor have set bonuses in them?
From what I have read, all set bonuses will be on armoring, shells even old shells, like rakata will not have set bonuses on them, the set bonus will be moved to the armor.

Will their be a vendor that still sells the Campaign armor mods with the bonuses in the armor like the Black Hole vendor currently does?
Yes, but if you have BH comms saved, buy the armoring now, it is cheaper.

3. Are their going to be schematic drops or even crew skill updates to learn how to make the old 25,26 and 27's mods instead of having to RE them?
No clue

Well, yesterday, as Jedi Consular I went rampage in the Sith Ilum camp, murdering many NPC's under the waking eye of Sith players. Made it to the cantina, Battle of Ilum/False Emperor (I think? Not sure if same on Emp side) flashpoints and roamed about the upper level with the vendors...

No PvP flag.

So... that doesn't quite match with what people said before about the flagging system... :/

having so much fun in swtor now that i'm a juggernaut...never played a force sensitive character in either swg or this before. it's awesome. wishing that sniper was as easy to get in a ****ing group via group finder as tank was. think i'm learning faster too how to upgrade my gear and what stats do what and how not to suck. also first time playing as a tank.

No PvP flag.

So... that doesn't quite match with what people said before about the flagging system... :/

Sounds to me like "these people" were just pulling your leg and have no clue what they are talking about. They most likely don't even play TOR. :rolleyes:

So while I thought I had early access, I don't :(, I am stuck just gettting all my people to just 1 point shy from 51 and trying to get them geared for the exspansion on the 14th. That being said, for those who do have early access and played on the test server

Is there a new diminishing returns benchmark set on surge, crit etc. (I know it kinda depends on the classes for some of these) for the exspansion pack? I know for alot of classes it was surge anywhere between 285 or 300 and crit along the same lines and in some cases accuracy needed to be 110% or you didn't need to worry about accuracy.

Just wondering if any of those have raised up or if anyone has figured it out yet.

Also kinda wondering you if you guys on the Walking Carpets website are gonna update your guides for the certain classes that we can view to figure out how best to maximize our toons. I now some of the ones I have used the skill tree has changed and I am guessing at some of the things to not put skill points in (Sentinal Watchman for example the bottom row of one of the trees has changed)

Not going to say I am crazy about all the changes with 2.0, but I love the Rise of the Hutt Cartel's missions so far. Level 54 1/2 and have died 4 times, two are normal for me, fell down big holes, knew that was going to happen the first time I saw pictures of Makeb. The other two were this morning trying to get a chest from 2 elites and a large mob of weaks. I got the chest, too stubborn not to.

While the missions have a lot of grinding type parts (kill 50 or this or that), not really bothered since I am leveling and the new achievements. Not sure about other classes, but the writing for the female smugglers lines have been great, if you haven't played a female smuggler, I HIGHLY recommend you play one, or team up with one (just be sure to lose all convos).

My guess is I am getting close to the end of Rise of the Hutt Cartel, which is sad since I have really enjoyed the story, the humor (smuggler) and the combat. Not sure if it was that my main was just so over geared to start or I am just that good (I know it was the gear), but I haven't had any difficult challenge yet, although I have not done the heroic 4+s since I don't want to get grouped as chance losing a conversation and missing a line. Kind of rude to team up and then refuse to continue with someone.

If you haven't purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel I recommend it, however pay attention, there are areas where you will become flagged if you enter them. There is a warning. :)

Oh and Bremiaha kissed a girl, and she liked it.

It's definitely fun. Makeb is an amazingly designed planet, with a lot of variety in the natural surroundings, some great architecture and glorious cliffs and you will fall down! (It actually reminds me of Guild Wars' last expansion, Eye of the North. It has a similar feel, esp. in the "jungle" areas of Makeb) I completed the story with my mercenary (and got to 55 in the process) and it's really been great. There are a few lovely scenes and the cutscenes on Makeb seem to have a bit more attention to detail than the vanilla game.

There are also two new questlines, one focused on using binoculars and one on seeker droids, that will see you traveling to pretty much every planet (a lot of which have gotten a new area or two in the process). While it's a fun idea, it's a bit stretched out and gets a little tedious after a while. The quests in between, which demand you to go in lairs and such, are great, though. Some (light) puzzles and some new area designs. Have gotten to the end, which are Heroic +4's and finding people to team up with at this stage seems difficult. :p

Also did one of the "new" HM Flashpoints. If the others are similar to Athiss, then don't expect major changes to their SM counterparts. I did Athiss with mostly campaign armor (with a few level 66 pieces) and only died at the end because I couldn't evade the fire thingies.

So a proud mooment for me anyways, my lvl 45 Sent (at the time) Ahrika needed the epic enemy codex for Taris which is Subject Alpha.

I went to Taris knowing I couldn't pull off the feat I did with my lvl 38 Commando at the time and began asking if anyone needed the World Boss.

I saw that their were several 50's and up on Taris yet none of them responded to my call. What I wound up with was one lvl 30 Sent and lvl 26 Sage healer and a bunch of lvl 18's to 21's of variouse classes. Our tank was only lvl 21 and another tank lvl 20.

One person asked if anyone could share the weekly and noone had it so she went to fleet to get it while we waited on everyone to get there.

The lvl 30 Sent was getting antsy about starting and like any good Ops leader I told him we were waiting on the person who went to get the weekly. Well they couldn't find the weekly and I said if anyone wants to drop out they can since there was no weekly to share. Everyone still wanted to try even tho we were a bunch of underleveled players.

Well the person who left finally got back and we started. I was so proud of them not one single person died and noone argued over loot. Was a great group of scrubs that joined me for that.

So storytime aside I do have a question.

What was the reason behind making Section X level 52 but not raising anything in it to level 52? I went today and everything was still the same as it always had been.

So is anyone else having latency issues on Harbinger? I just logged in today to try out my Trooper after the update and its been naught unplayable...

Granted I am playing from Europe though.

I've had latency issues today as well, but not sure if it's the server or the internet connection.

Playing from Europe shouldn't be the problem. I get between 170ms and 220ms with a good internet connection, which is fine for PvE (and I've done PvP with these numbers, in fact).

Edit: Looking into the official forums, however, it does seem like The Harbinger has lag and latency issues.

What was the reason behind making Section X level 52 but not raising anything in it to level 52? I went today and everything was still the same as it always had been.
No clue, I didn't even know that made it 52. I've been running it on 50s to level up.

I've had latency issues today as well, but not sure if it's the server or the internet connection.

Playing from Europe shouldn't be the problem. I get between 170ms and 220ms with a good internet connection, which is fine for PvE (and I've done PvP with these numbers, in fact).

Edit: Looking into the official forums, however, it does seem like The Harbinger has lag and latency issues.

So, it seems my latency issues have been magically rectified once I subscribed again for a month lol.

:detective:

Have to say I'm really enjoying Hoth so far... the last planet (Quesh?) was probably the worst one I've encountered yet.

Archived