Home

[K1] New Head Choice: Revan's Canonical Face (TOR spoilers)

Sir Vougalot

Hey, all! Given that we now know what Revan looks like, is it possible that someone could create a head for the first game that resembles him? I have included a photo (which someone put together by pulling the assets from the beta release of The Old Republic) as well as two YouTube videos.

It would be ideal that this new head be created without the scarring sin in the photo and videos (an obvious impression of Revan's famous visor, which was burnt into his skin after the events of KOTOR in an incident that occurred in the new novel The Old Republic: Revan). It is also stated in the novel that Revan wore his hair long both during the Mandalorian Wars and once again after the events of the game, but was cut short during the events of the game itself when the Jedi Council rewrote his personality; so if it isn't too much to ask, maybe it might be nice to create two heads, one with the long hair seen in the photo, and one with shorter hair. But I will be more than content with just one head, with long hair.

Thanks a bunch!

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
TOR_Revan_Head.jpg

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hairline could be down to age and the thickness of the face could be down to malnutrition as his face looks gaunt, which would make sense as Revan was quite muscular in KoToR but he appears to be skinnier in ToR.

Also K1's game engine is eight years old so there are bound to be difference between a game from 2011 and a game from 2003.

That looks so cool, great work!

Just wanted to share this, some one at wookieepedia claims to have e-mailed Drew about Revan's true face and the in game choice from K1. Drew replied stating that they did not base his looks off of any models from K1 but rather from a concept artist who is working for SWTOR.

Here is a snapshot of the guys e-mail reply, it was on the talk page for Revan:

Show spoiler
Karpyshynemail.JPG

• 1 month later...

Looking great, man! Thank you so much!

My only objection is that the mustache seems a tad too thick. On the model from TOR, it seems to be groomed and does not stick out a whole lot.

[Edit]So, how are your skins progressing, guys? I'm really eager about this because I hope to replay KOTOR soon.

Mullet guy's hair should be used, but I think the bald guy with the soul patch looks more like said Revan. I'd be inclined to try it out myself.

Mullet guy's hair + soul patch guy's head (with some minor tweaks) = the best Revan.

EDIT:

Also, is it just me, or are Knights of the Old Republic and Fable borrowing from one another now?

I mean, Revan looks kind of familar...

Show spoiler
1027-fable3_Logan.jpg

and then lets not forget Kreia... oops I mean Theresa

Show spoiler
fable_2_theresa_Cropped.jpg

EDIT:

Here's the head model. Fully working in-game. It seemed like too much work to merge soul patch head with mullet head, so I did the best I could with mullet head. Looking at it alone, it doesn't much different, but compared to the original, you can really see the difference.

Idk if you want to use my model with your head skin, Thanatos, but you're certainly welcome to.

Show spoiler
78byv.jpg

Btw, the lighting on the heads is different because I took the screenshots in different places.

Hello? Canderis and Thanatos9t? Are you guys still out there? Still working on this? We'd all really love an update!

Wow, that's amazing work, VarsityPuppet! Thank you so much! I hope one of these guys can use it.

Ive been too busy tO do it. I may do it eventually, summer, but not now.

Oh, okay. That's cool.

VarsityPuppet: Hey, man, I'd say definitely get on this project if you can. It's always good to have multiple people working toward the same goal, especially since I'd imagine that this would probably be a fairly popular mod.

The hair you used looks great, but would it be possible to rework it so that he has a widow's peak? If not, that's cool.

Archived