Home

[K1] New Head Choice: Revan's Canonical Face (TOR spoilers)

Sir Vougalot

Hey, I must have missed this thread. I'll have to keep an eye on it. I don't quite have the time right now to help out, but I'd like to.

VP, your reshaping of that head model is looking pretty close to the canon TOR model. I'd say that the cupid's bow (the top of the lip below the nose) is still a bit too pointy, but that might be mostly the texture. The nose looks spot on from this angle. The outside corners of the eyes could come down a touch, or maybe not the corner itself, but the bottom edge could be rounded a bit more? The eyebrows can be fixed with texture, same for the hair line, so no real model issues there (that I can see anyway).

Great work, it'll be nice to play when it's done :D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone, just found this and I thought I'd say that I will probably try and do this at some point, mainly to be used in my TC mod but I'd be happy to release it as a modders resource if and when it's finished.

Nice, I am thinking about playing the game again and it would be pretty cool to play through it with Revan's canon face like we saw in TOR. ;) Keep us updated!

• 2 weeks later...

Was waiting for Thanatos to make the skins for it, but I think I may just have to do the skins myself. Mind you that this will be Revan as he should look around the time of Kotor 1, so it will resemble the TOR head, not replicate it. Beard may or may not be present, and the mask scars probably won't be present.

If all else fails, I can always release it as a modder's resource for people to reskin as they see fit.

Was waiting for Thanatos to make the skins for it, but I think I may just have to do the skins myself. Mind you that this will be Revan as he should look around the time of Kotor 1, so it will resemble the TOR head, not replicate it. Beard may or may not be present, and the mask scars probably won't be present.

If all else fails, I can always release it as a modder's resource for people to reskin as they see fit.

I might be able to eke out a few hours in the next week or so. If you send me what you've go so far, I can take a stab at it :). So, if you did a TSL version, would the mask scars be present then? Or do they happen after TSL?

I might be able to eke out a few hours in the next week or so. If you send me what you've go so far, I can take a stab at it :). So, if you did a TSL version, would the mask scars be present then? Or do they happen after TSL?

It happened after

Probably after TSL... I imagine he would pretty much exactly the same in TSL though - maybe slightly diffrent since his only appearances in TSL are in that one tomb vision. He'd probably be dark side, a little younger and more well-kempt than the Kotor 1 version - which I'm currently imagining him with a decent 5 o' clock shadow.

Will send you the files tomorrow redrob ;)

Mullet guy's hair + soul patch guy's head (with some minor tweaks) = the best Revan.

you know, the more I think about it, the more it looks like PMHC01 is the canon head. Think about it, when Revan decides to never take off the Mando mask until the Cathar are avenged, that leaves little room for proper grooming. When Bastila and the Council finally capture him, he probably looked like a mess once they took the mask off him. When they mind wiped him and gave him a new identity, they probably gave him a hair cut and a shave as well. Otherwise, how would Bastila ever fall in love with a Jedi that looks like a Wookiee and smells like a Bantha? Once the two get hitched after Kotor ending, he lets his hair grow again, 'cause the long hair and beard look is a human Jedi tradition (or something).

Anyway, I couldn't find any original screenshots, so here are some mods (similar angle to pic in post #1) to back up my theory:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/66315/

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/99551/1

The only thing that blows my theory out of the stars, is PMHC01 has a scar under his right eye, and the TOR Revan instead has a scar on his lips (not including the mask scars that happen after TSL)

Thanks for the files VP, I'll look at 'em this weekend.

Anyway, I couldn't find any original screenshots, so here are some mods (similar angle to pic in post #1) to back up my theory:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/66315/

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/99551/1

An interesting theory - and my theory at one point. If anything, a slightly more gaunt face would go a long way.

I may take a look at it quick and see if I can whip up something slightly different - something that includes that head but with the longer hair (and of course the possible lip scar)

EDIT:

Round 2

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
WFezS.jpg

I tried using the head Redrob suggested and I like the results. While the head isn't so resemblant of TOR Revan's beard and long hair combo, there were some other details I feel I tackled more closely than the previous model. The eyebrows and hairline I think are quite perfect. I also made his forehead much larger, and of course, his cheekbones are much more prevalent (due to having gaunt cheeks). I removed the eye scar (not intending to put a lip scar) and I'm still sort of undecided on whether or not to give him longer hair. On one hand, it seems like having short hair would go along with the whole "rehabilitated Jedi" sort of dealio, but then again, it doesn't really look like Revan either.

The eyebrows and hairline I think are quite perfect. I also made his forehead much larger, and of course, his cheekbones are much more prevalent (due to having gaunt cheeks).

The other thing that really struck me, was the mouth really matches the TOR version as well.

I think that before Malak betrayed him, Revan didn't have a beard, but only had long hair. At least, I can't see a beard or sideburns in this pic. Then again, since it is from a recording about "history", they might not have had all the facts. Maybe the beard happened while in prison/stasis/watever.

Show spoiler
Unmasked_Revan.JPG

VP, I think that merging the long hair onto this one would be the closest to canon, even though we could reason that the buzz cut is plausible. I know that merging models isn't the easiest, but if you get one that works, I think that's the way to go.

Some new renditions. New head model. Bald guy with long hair. Much happier with this version

Show spoiler
KwpXm.jpg

VDqgP.jpg

8bkSI.jpg

The dangly hair is purely a test thing.

As is the hair texture (though the general shape is what I intend for it to look like)

The goatee is also a test thing.

Chime in and comment.

Some new renditions. New head model. Bald guy with long hair. Much happier with this version

Show spoiler
KwpXm.jpg

VDqgP.jpg

8bkSI.jpg

The dangly hair is purely a test thing.

As is the hair texture (though the general shape is what I intend for it to look like)

The goatee is also a test thing.

Chime in and comment.

Very nice indeed. Also to the previous posts, you have to keep in mind that Revans hair and features would most likely have changed after the memory wipe, rather then before, so that those that knew Revan before his memory wipe would not be able to recognize him as easy. Although he swore, never, to take off the mask until the Cathars had been avenged, which would be unrealistic, since he would need to feed (People would notice him), sleep and shower.

If you choose not to make a head with the beard, can you atleast make an extra head that can be added (optional) for those that prefer the full beard?

The beard itself may have only taken form, during the time when Revan exiled himself into the unkown regions to search for the "True Sith Empire". You could imagine the similarities between Revan during that time, in comparrison to a man lost in the wilderness, low on supplies and without a razor :p

Just a guess.

Eitherway, anyone who completes this mod deserves more then a pat on the back. :rddance:

Will this head be for K1 only? Or will it be introduced to k2 at somepoint (or along with the mod)?

:thmbup1:

Sorry about the fail grammar XD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived