Home

[K1] New Head Choice: Revan's Canonical Face (TOR spoilers)

Sir Vougalot

They should have made Revan look more like the mullet guy in KotOR. He is the best canon face for a male Revan, in my opinion. They should also have used the voice actor for Revan in the first one. Yes that's right folks, Revan does speak in KotOR.

Probally Revan is C1 head not mullet man.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Well, I will be following this thread.

Also, don't forget that, canonically, he's been imprisoned for 300 years by the Emperor of the Sith, so the beard, slimmer face, and scars most likely are from during that time.

I think the Mullet Man head is 95% closest to a canon look of Revan during Kotor 1.

Folks have a strange way of making things that should be compatible, totally incompatible.

Plus, not to mention, the download is supposed to be a reservoir of unfinished projects, not all of which will for certain be TSLRCM compatible.

AS VP has been busy of late, might anyone else know how to make this head compatible with TSLRCM?

AS VP has been busy of late, might anyone else know how to make this head compatible with TSLRCM?

I haven't downloaded this yet since my Kotor 1 started giving me issues installing, recently. I'll see how it goes on K2

If the head was converted to work with TSL(not sure if has been?) then you can get it working with TSLRCM.

If the head file is in a TSL patcher folder, just apply it again after installing the latest TSLRCM and it's patches.

Or merge the 2da files with one of the easy to use 2.DA combining programs. I've made a lot of mods work with TSLRCM 1.8 and it's latest update.

Even the massive amount of heads and items from the total conversion mod "Revenge of Revan" seems to work if you apply it after any TSLRCM updates, without crashes, if you are specific in what files to pick.

Well, I will be following this thread.

Also, don't forget that, canonically, he's been imprisoned for 300 years by the Emperor of the Sith, so the beard, slimmer face, and scars most likely are from during that time.

I think the Mullet Man head is 95% closest to a canon look of Revan during Kotor 1.

That would make sense, but it is not so. According to Drew Karpyshyn's novel Revan, Revan was already sporting the long hair and beard between and after the events of the first two Knights of the Old Republic games. The book also states that Revan had short hair during the events of the first game, having had longer hair before that time (during the Mandalorian Wars, the events of the comic series), which was cut short when the Jedi Council created his new identity.

Why does this mod need to be compatible with TSLRCM if it's for KOTOR 1? Unless someone wants to play as the Exile with Revan's face, I guess.

Why does this mod need to be compatible with TSLRCM if it's for KOTOR 1? Unless someone wants to play as the Exile with Revan's face, I guess.

Some possibilities people might want that...

1. Your suggestion of having the Exile use that head - for whatever reason.

2. Having that head available in the game so folks can create machinima movies that will allow Revan to appear - while using the KOTOR2 engine. It seems more likely that folks will use TSLRCM while creating a movie using KOTOR2 engine.

Note that VP's mention of lack of TSLRCM compatibility pretty much begged the question in the first place.

In theory, both heads should be compatible with TSLRCM

Well, except for the Revan head which I believe only works for Kotor1.

BUT

People have a tendency to make things very incompatible whenever they install mods at all.

So the official word is they're not compatible - even though in theory, they are.

• 4 weeks later...

VP's head is great, but in my opinion, I've always liked the first caucasian male as head canon Revan. When I saw the real canon head in swtor I became obsessed with put a long hair on this face, because for me is the one that comes closest. following the tutorials I made a head fusing the PMHC04 and PMHC01 models. The head is perfectly animated in game but I don't know how make a good texture (In 3ds max you can see the two text but in game the hair texture is the pmhc01 text) I'm not a modder, but if someone know how to makes text and want my model head i can share and so anyone can use it.

Here is the model:

GUfZDBx.png

And here the problem with the texture ingame

4DaruzL.jpg

pda: sorry for my english

I would assume that you could get away with just editing the texture names for each mesh in the ascii model using Notepad. That's what I always do when I need to switch textures around.

Never done it with a head model myself, but I used to do it for body models all the time and it worked a treat.

Yikes, I really should get back into this whole modding lark. ^_^

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread (again!) but I would love it if VarsityPuppet would make an alternative version of this where he has the original cropped military haircut of PMHC01 and maybe no beard.

That way, we can have a choice between slightly long haired revan (what you've made already) and the canonical haired one according to the book (the Jedi shaved him for his new identity during the events of Kotor1).

Obviously I understand if this isn't something you'd want to do/you're too busy, but I'd just like to get the suggestion out there. Both versions would be useful for me as I'm making a Kotor Machinima which features flashbacks.

Archived