Home

South Park RPG (Obsidian Ent 2012)

DarthParametric

South_Park_RPG.jpg

Here's something completely out of left field. It seems the mystery game Obsidian has been working on is, of all things, a South Park RPG. Seems like we'll have to wait for the next issue of Game Informer for more info. In the meantime, some of the reactions over at the Codex to this latest turn by their beloved MCA are hilarious.

From the issue's cover above, the most interesting thing would appear to be that Kenny's fantasy persona is a princess. Also Crab People, Underpants Gnomes and Woodland Xmas Critters!

Have they announced any patches already; there's some annoying bugs and lack of balance :wonder:

Still, somehow this intrigues me. Could this become a nice ironic RPG, where every silly classic trope gets beat'n to death and abused :lol:

It's still Obsidian writing... well I hope they do the largest part of the writing and not just the guys from the series.

Yeah, I'm really on the fence with this one. I'm not sure how you'd get a viable RPG out of South Park, but MCA has made giving convention the double-bird his trademark, so I'm going to be cautiously optimistic.

Unfortunately, the two creators of South Park seem to be doing the writing, so it looks at the moment like Obsidian are just there to implement their grand design.

Sure Obsidian needs the money, but why do they have to make a game where they won't do the writing? While the game might turn out all right, I'm a bit sad that we won't see a game they gave written themselves in a while (especially since I just played AP for teh first time).

Sure Obsidian needs the money' date=' but why do they have to make a game where they won't do the writing? While the game might turn out all right, I'm a bit sad that we won't see a game they gave written themselves in a while (especially since I just played AP for teh first time).[/quote']

Maybe this game wouldn't be being made if LucasArts would have let Obsidian make KOTOR III! :xp:

The only thing I remember is some vague image of asses flying around. I can't remember what gameplay was involved :L

It was pretty much a free-for all bedlam, like good ol fashioned king of the hill shoving matches, kinda sorta. I think you also got bumper cars or go-karts or somesuch vehicle in some exhibitions.

Guess its humor is considered more an American libertarian satire thing...Parody and the juxtaposition of the absurd. Well, then again that was the content of the show and I'm not sure what if anything this game had to do with the storyline of the show. So you might have a point. :D

Unfortunately, the two creators of South Park seem to be doing the writing, so it looks at the moment like Obsidian are just there to implement their grand design.
So they're not even doing what they are actually good at? What a waste.

So they're not even doing what they are actually good at? What a waste.

Well, they did pretty well with Fallout: New Vegas...and it had a PC with no backstory or any other form of bagage. And Kotor 2's story was (despite the gameplay flaws) one of the best RPG's I've ever played and from what I've heard, they were under strict supervision from Lucasarts on that one as well...

Archived