Home

Early Game Access moved up to December 13

News

Just so everyone knows, you should have gotten a link in your email from SWTOR. This link will let you download the release client before launch. That way you'll be ready for TOR on your early access day.

And there goes my sleep for the rest of the year...

You can also reach download the client by going to swtor.com, logging in, go to "My Account" and on the right "Account Management" column will be a link that says "Pre-order", click that and you should be able to download the client/installer from there.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but every time I try redeeming my Pre-Order Code, it skips the "validate" and "complete redemption" steps and redirects me to the main SWTOR page after I plug in my code. Is there something else I should be aware of?

EDIT: Now it gives me messages saying an error has occurred while trying to process. Server overload, methinks?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but every time I try redeeming my Pre-Order Code, it skips the "validate" and "complete redemption" steps and redirects me to the main SWTOR page after I plug in my code. Is there something else I should be aware of?

EDIT: Now it gives me messages saying an error has occurred while trying to process. Server overload, methinks?

the whole site seems a bit glitchy lately. Keep trying

the whole site seems a bit glitchy lately. Keep trying
Yeah, I redeemed my pre-order code on July 21st basically as soon as I got it, and I had some hiccups while checking the status of it recently, so I'm currently in a customer service debate with a fake droid about whether or not my pre-order redemption will count from the 21st of July... or if I get screwed, the 7th of December :/

When do we find out what day during the 13-20th early access we can jump on and play?

BioWare has said that you'll receive an email as soon as you have access to the Early Access period. Once you get the email (and presumably click a link that'll activate you) then you're in.

So once it starts on December 13 at 7:00AM EST (Pacific: December 13th, 4:00AM PST; European: December 13th, 12:00PM GMT, 1:00PM CET), it's time to twiddle your thumbs in anticipation of that email.

Of course, as we've all known for awhile, it is a first come, first serve case depending on when you entered in your pre-order code. So the earlier you entered it into the swtor site, the better.

What about Guild servers?

We should find out about that before Early Access starts. I'm thinking they'll let guild leaders know by email tomorrow... but DEFINITELY before Early Access starts because they've said that all of the servers the guilds will be on are online for that period.

Hey, downloaded the client but it stopped and i have a message:

There is currently no active subscription on this account

Activate account here

When I click the "here" link it send me to a page that says either im not able to view or its not present?

Is the client done?

Anyone getting this?

Oh, also... they seem to be making a few small patch updates once a day it seems... I got curious if they would so I've been starting up the client once a day and every time a new small patch has been downloaded...

It's no big deal, but when the early access time period starts, I suggest that those will slower download speeds open up their client and log in so that the patches are downloaded to avoid a scenario where you get in, open up the client and then have to wait for a few minutes to download and install patches.

Not that it's a big deal or anything or even any kind of problem to begin with at all haha... just saiyan.

Archived