Home

Hutta Hangout rename

Lynk Former

Should we rename "Hutta Hangout" to something else?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we rename "Hutta Hangout" to something else?

• Yes, we need a cooler name!
    • No, keep it the way it is.

I'll be honest, I don't really like the name of the general forum... aka "Hutta Hangout"... I really do think that we can come up with a much better name, one that sounds like something you really want to be a part of.

To that end, I'm putting up this poll to let you, the people, decide whether this forum needs to be renamed or not. If not, then cool, this place will remain as it is... but if you do think that Hutta Hangout is lame and we need to rename, then vote to rename on the poll and suggest a new title for the general forum to replace the current name.

There are many great prizes up for grabs... like... this imaginary dog... and this piece of fluff I found. Oh, and a paper-clip! Enter now and you can win big!

Poll closes in 5 days.

Are there any in-game examples that could be used as suggestions?
Good question, I don't remember all the Cantina names off the top of my head, I think the Sith Empire one on Hoth was called the "Slippery Slope" or something...

Since we were discussing the renaming of this place, I was thinking perhaps we should wait until we know the name of Server the Lucas Forums Network guilds gets assigned to and then either use that name or something similar. Unless it is something truely awful.

Since we were discussing the renaming of this place, I was thinking perhaps we should wait until we know the name of Server the Lucas Forums Network guilds gets assigned to and then either use that name or something similar. Unless it is something truely awful.

We should know about which server we'll be on in the next few days. Most likely before this poll ends.

There's a Cantina in The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance novel by the name of the Poison Pit.

Okay, I'll go for this as I have read this novel too. I think that is definitely a cool name. Something like Poison Pit Cantina. A little clunky for syllables rolling off the tongue but yeah it sounds good IMO.

Are there any in-game examples that could be used as suggestions?

Seconded. I have been looking up the SW wiki, unfortunately can't really find many places that might fit a relaxed discussion environment except maybe...

Alderaanian courtyard? Alderaan has a king and when I think of a kingdom, I think of a courtyard as a more well off social area within a kingdom. Not sure any such area appears in the game though, so it'd have to be *our* little place.

Or how about something of the Taris rebuild settlements? Taris entertainment promenade? New Taris Spaceport? It *is* a new beginning in more ways than one, afterall.

Tried to think of something for Ord Mantell, but this is too early in the history.

Ahto Spaceport Cantina TOR Branch Office

That could work, too. The KOTOR crowd is here, we're all pretty much the same people.

Any other ideas? Anyone?

So far the idea I like the most is mim's idea of renaming this forum to whatever the name of the server that the LFN Guilds will be inhabiting when we find out come Monday... provided that it's an appropriate name.

As for Sabre's suggestion... knowing him, I'm preeeetty sure that was just a joke suggestion ;) That and I'd rather we not tie ourselves to SWK that way on the off chance that he is serious... which he isn't.

Or how about something of the Taris rebuild settlements? Taris entertainment promenade? New Taris Spaceport? It *is* a new beginning in more ways than one, afterall.
I don't mean to rain on the suggestion parade, but when you get to Taris in the game (or if you did in beta) it is a terribly depressing place, doesn't particularly give off that easy-going, care-free light chat sort of vibe. :xp:

IF WE RENAME THE FORUM TO STEVE IT WILL BE THE END OF ALL OF UUUS!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!~

Also, we don't need a name that merely serves its purpose, we need a name so awesome that not even the darkest sunglasses ever forged in the depths of hell by satan himself could block out the light of it's awesomeness.

:carms:

"There you will find a new definition of pain and suffering, as your threads, topics and opinions are slowly digested over a thousand years"

I loled.

Though probably better for a debate forum. :xp:

If anyone wants a debate forum in the TOR forums, they're going to have to come down to Australia and challenge me to single combat TO THE DEATH and win... otherwise it's not happening.

:carms:

Archived