Home

Forming a more perfect Union

Tommycat

...too bad the Repubicans killed it...

This is ironic given you were the one talking about how another poster only mentioned Democrats. Yet the one you were responding to made no mention of party.

I like the "Simple bill" idea. No more sneaking in pet projects into a bill. A current example is the pipeline being added to the current Payroll Tax bill. I may agree with the pipeline, however it doesn't need to be in the payroll tax bill. Let it stand or fall on it's own merits.

This is ironic given you were the one talking about how another poster only mentioned Democrats. Yet the one you were responding to made no mention of party.
I wasn't picking on a party, was just stating a fact. Fact is it was killed my a committee chairman with a R next to his name. It made it out of committee in the Senate where the chairman has a D next to his name. I guess facts can be ironic sometimes.

I could have pointed at John Boehner when someone mentioned Nancy Pelosi, but I didn't mainly because it is perfectly legal (unethical as hell) for them to use information to trade at this time, at least according to the justice department. Which I think is complete bull, but then again I'm no lawyer. I thought torture was illegal too. So what do I know. So by killing the bill they keep the status quo.

Agee with you 100% on the "insider trading", too bad the Repubicans killed it so that can "improve" it later. Never do today, what you can put off until you make more money off the people.

Well, given the the regularity with which Nancy Pelosi was staying ahead of the market, I doubt the dems were doing much either.

I could have pointed at John Boehner when someone mentioned Nancy Pelosi......

You're being a bit disingenuous in suggesting (or perhaps in attempting to have people infer) that most of the fault belongs w/Republicans. By citing Nancy Pelosi, after you took pains to blame the Reps, I was only providing equal time. However, in using the word either I was balancing out your original charge by pointing out that both parties are at fault in preserving these kinds of perks for their own, regardless of party label. ;)

what the hell are you writing about now?

The Republican did kill the bill, that is a fact. What did you want me to say the head of the committe who will remain partyless killed the bill. It didn't need to be balance because the democrates in the senate actually did what they were suppose to.

I didn't blame the Republicans.... I STATED A FACT, NOT AN OPINION.

I will remember that I can only be site bad things about the Dems in the furture.

What are you flippin' out about now? You're constantly trying to portray the Republicans as the sole or primary source of financial skullduggery on the Hill and then chastising others for allegedly being partisan. I never made mention of who killed what bill THIS TIME. Both sides constantly play games like this. You still don't get that I (or even others) don't give a rat's ass about which side did what. The govt is basically a bipartisan mess, but I'll remember for futurer reference that YOU are the one that wishes to blame only one side while accusing others of same. :rolleyes:

The ability of politicians to insider trade and for supposed government employees to accidentally lose billions of dollars is ridiculous, I think. (Corzine, anyone?) The federal government should be stripped of its ability to cherry pick economic programs. The Federal Reserve should be audited, and ridiculous ideas like this Keystone **** should not be under the authority of the Fed to implement.

what the hell are you writing about now?

The Republican did kill the bill, that is a fact. What did you want me to say the head of the committe who will remain partyless killed the bill. It didn't need to be balance because the democrates in the senate actually did what they were suppose to.

I didn't blame the Republicans.... I STATED A FACT, NOT AN OPINION.

I will remember that I can only be site bad things about the Dems in the furture.

It was not a fact. It was YOUR opinion that postponing it until next year meant Republicans killed it. Many Republicans are co-sponsors of this bill. To blame the party as opposed to say the committee was at best disingenuous. You would have been better served to say "Too bad the House Committee decided to table it until next year" if you wanted to state a fact(though it's still a bit off to say that, but more factual).

At any rate, I think you're kind of hitting on why I feel that parties are a bad idea to begin with. While you may have been taking a nice little jab at the Republicans it just goes to show how people tend to be overly critical of the other party while being soft on their own party. Political parties are too easy to defend or attack as a whole. You can call the other party evil even if there are many you agree with without knowing it(say the 70+ Republicans who signed on to it).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived