Home

What are you planning for your first few days of TOR?

Lynk Former

Early Access is almost upon us and we're all waiting impatiently for our time to come where we get in there are start our characters on their great adventure.

I was wondering, what are you guys going to do first in TOR?... More specifically, what character class(es) do you want to play first? Have you chosen to go light side or dark side with them? Got friends lined up to play with so you're not alone on your adventure or are you going to do things solo?

When I get in, hopefully sooner than later, the first character I'm going to be playing through and dedicating myself to is the Trooper (Vanguard). The character of the Trooper I've come up with is going to look as close to how I look in real life and I'm going to pretty much designate this character the "me" of the Star Wars universe. In contrast, all of the other characters I create in TOR will allow me to play around with different types of characters I want to experience...

For example, I'm purposefully going to play a female pureblood Sith Warrior (Marauder) who is following a light side path simply because of the reputation that Sith purebloods have in the Star Wars lore... that and I was instantly interested to see how a light side Sith would play out in this game ever since I learned of the light/dark system in the game a long time ago.

On the other side, I'm going to be playing a Jedi Knight (Guardian) who has been seduced by the dark side... sure, that's nothing new in the Star Wars universe, but seeing as I'm going to be playing a light side Jedi Consular (Sage), it seemed appropriate that I balance things out with a dark side Jedi who is gonna absolutely tear things up.

I do have other characters planned... I've actually come up with a plan for all 8 main character classes for the game and my ultimate goal is to play through them all...

But back to the Trooper... I'll be starting on Ord Mantell along with Mav and mim, so we'll have an opportunity to team up for that part of the game. I also want to play with Jeff as well, though he's rolling a Jedi so he'll be on Tython for the first 10 levels... though I'm sure we can all come together for the first Flashpoint which will be fun.

Another thing of great importance I'll surely not forget is to gain access to the Guild controls as quickly as possible so I can start managing The Walking Carpets and add folks who want to join, etc.

I really can't wait... it's gonna be so awesome. Of course, after Early Access ends I'm going to have a very tough time waiting for my CE box to arrive down here in Australia... it'll probably take about 3 weeks to ship from the US... but I guess that gives me time to catch up and play other games... still, I'm really pumped for TOR. Want it so bad.

I´ll try something similar like you, Lynk. I´ll make a human Sith Inquisitor focussed on tanking (it's supposed to be very fun, but difficult so the advice is to get a 'rhythm' going on so practice is a pre). I'll try to mess around with crafting too, since synthweaving can produce orange items so I can basically customise the way I look to the greatest detail :)

My nephew has pre-ordered it too. I'll try to catch up with him, since he'll be playing a Bounty Hunter and we won't meet on the first few planets. Afterwards, we'll try to meet with you guys...and do some flashpoints and stuff.

I'll be Smuggling. Everyday I'm Smuggling ¬_¬

I'm prolly going to mess up my character LS/DS points wise, because I'm just going to pick the choices I think make the most sense in any given situation, which can be a little tricky because a few conversations still have that BioWare quirk where what you click on sometimes doesn't come out the way you pictured it. But yeah I'll have to babysit Lynk through Ord Mantell and make sure he doesn't hurt himself :carms:

I'm not sure...I heard we are only allowed to make two characters during the early access session.

I'm going to make a Jedi so I can get the name Logan,.....but I might either roll a Trooper since I played this class the least or make a Empire Bounty hunter or Agent.....Ugh the tough decisions we have to make... =)

The first character I'll roll is an Imp Agent. Still not sure if I'm going the operative or sniper route yet but I want to (hopefully) get the name locked in.

Once that toon is set I'll be rolling my Sith Warrior who is going to be my main.

My brother, who I expect to spend 90% of my game time with is also rolling a Sith Warrior. We had a lot of fun during the beta, since I chose the light path and he is strictly evil. We enjoyed seeing the lives of the people we talked to hang in the balance over a die roll.

I love the shared cinimatic moments. I've played Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic, and Mass Effect. Having the additional people in the party who can take the conversation in a direction you didn't pick is, I think, the most insteresting part of the game.

I believe the toon limit in early acess is due to one.... Name hoarding ...2 - filling up severs with 10 toons per person as holders....

When the site is backup I will see where I saw this but I can understand if they do this since some people will get 7 days before launch....

The character limit per server is 8 last I heard, but yeah this is the first I've heard of the 2 character limit for early access... and unfortunately, when the official forums return they'll be completely wiped (dunno about the devtracker though)... unless it was in a news post.

That said, even with the 2 character limit, that's okay... I only have 2 priority names to reserve at the start XD

The consistant number I saw concerning any limit on characters was 8.

They did not however say if that was Eight total, or Eight per server. I only saw Eight slots available during the beta. And it didn't seem to matter how many servers I logged into. But that was the beta. We may not know until after early access what the true limits are.

Archived