Home

Revan's Lightsaber Form

Narco

ok, so I was playing KotOR and during the scene where Bastila and the jedi confront Darth Revan, it occured to me that Revan took an unusual stance just as Malak fired on his ship.

Darth_Revan_3.jpg

So later I was watching Mace Windu arrest Palpatine, and it looks to me as if Mace Windu took a very similar opening stance during the office duel with palpatine. (I couldn't find a good enough pic, so just look, its just after 00:40)

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I know that Mace Windu used Vaapad as his primary lightsaber form, and that it wasn't around during the KotOR era. However, as evident in TSL, Juyo was around. And Vaapad was developed from Juyo. Do you guys think Revan was going to use Juyo against Bastila, or is the similarity just a coincidence?

It may not be. Juyo was first mentioned around the time AoTC came out, about a year before KotOR was released.

It's interesting that you don't see Revan take that particular stance anywhere else but that movie. I agree with the OP that it looks like a Juyo stance.

I do think Revan has more of a flexible lightsaber form. So instead focusing on one form, I do think that Revan is a bit unpredictable in how he fights. I do think Revan's taijutsu(combat movements) is at a high enough level to take on any lightsaber duelist regardless of their preferred fighting style. No matter what his preferred lightsaber blade/s, Revan can use single, Jar Kai or double lightsaber well enough to be good.

Archived