Home

twc vornskr guild thread (old)

OK, i made it to level 10, and i am Ceaern and my Legacy name will be Shan if the game allows it if not some other, i have used Shan for years. Jedi Knight Guardian (tank) with crew skills of Archaeology, Investigation and Artifice as my Crafting Skill. I chose the tank role because I am a noobie and wanted to be a supporter, and I don't feel comfortable yet wielding two sabres i have never done that in any of the SW games i have played. I will work on leveling up asap and in the meantime anyone is welcome to add me as a friend and call for help i may be able to give, just let me know. I will work hard and do my best for the Guild. Until i improve my skills i can be a walking target for the enemy :)

I did do the Lead Troops in Battle challenges and have been certified in that. Will get any other stats needed but they will be changing as i level up. Just heading into Coruscant (orignaly called Notron) now.

As for role what does DPS mean? i have not decided on this yet as I dont know enough about it to decide.

As one MMO noob to another, you may want to rethink the Tank if you don't want that much responsibility. Tanks and Healers take all the blame when everything and anything goes wrong in groups. IMO Tank is the most important group member. While the healer needs to keep everyone alive, the Tank has to keep the healer alive by keeping the arrgo on them and off the healer. Which is easier said than done if the healer is having to throw out a lot of big heals to keep the group alive. DPS have an important job, they do the killing, but I haven't seen people blame them for not killing fast enough. No when things go wrong the Tanks and Healers take the blame.

Of course in the case of my healer it is justified. :), but I find it more fun to blame Lynk's Tank. :D

As for role what does DPS mean?

Damage per second - kills stuff fast.

Tanks and Healers can kill too, just not fast.

Well i dont mind heat if i can do the job. i will try and see how it goes but thanks for the heads up..

a group can have a couple of tanks cant it? did not know if there was a limit to a group.

There is technically no limit and for the majority of the game it wont matter what your group consists of. You could make a group of 4 tanks and do most content in the game, at an agonizingly slow pace. The "standard" group make-up consists of an equal number of tanks and healers, with double the DPS. For example, in a 4-person party, 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps, 8-person ops group 2 tanks, 2 healers, 4 dps. That isn't to say that is a steadfast rule for every situation, often times only 1 tank is necessary. Things get more complicated when you take other factors into account, but for now a simple explanation will do :)

Thank you Mav, much appreciate that. I am learning as i go and working hard at the missions. A lot is made clear to me by actual combat and I think I am improving, just got a better companion so I think i shall move a bit faster now. Level 13 and moving up.

Lynk I am changing my skills to Archaeology, Diplomacy and Treasure Hunting. not sure if i will be a tank or just a ranged helper....have to see how my skills come along. I am at Level 14 now.

• 5 weeks later...

Guild application

• Name of your character: Adamo.
  • Class: Jedi Consular.
  • Advanced class: Sage eventually.
  • Chosen Crew Skills: undecided yet.

Waiting for server transfers before I play my 50 again, decided to join the Lag over on the other side of the world, throw me an Inv :)

• 1 month later...

Archived