Home

What Are You Playing Now?

Mav

Simple enough thread, let us know what your newest gaming fixation is.

I am currently playing The Waiting Game, it involves sitting at my computer and waiting impatiently for Early-Access to SWTOR to start. However recently, I did complete Assassin's Creed: Revelations, and honestly I just wish it was a movie because the only motivation I had for actually playing the game, was to find out what happens. Oh and spoiler alert, it ends on another cliff hanger.

What games are you passing the time with? I was going to play Skyrim, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

Skyrim. And it's icy grip is strong. Not even sure I can break free from it for ToR's early access tomorrow (in theory) :xp:

Skyrim is my current game as well. Pretty sure I'll be shelving it in favor of TOR for a while, but I don't plan to stop playing it completely. I'm only 40ish hours in and I think I'm pretty early in the main quest. Really though if TOR didn't exist, I could just play Skyrim for the rest of my life and not need any other games.

• 2 weeks later...

^^

Bastion is on sale on Steam today so I bought it! As for what I'm playing right now, I'm visiting family for the holidays so I'm away from my desktop and TOR, so I'm forced to play Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja on my phone :/ I tried playing Reccetear on my netbook, but it doesn't like it... I need to get back home for TOR.

I love threads like these btw :D Where do I start; WWE'12 (Still working on the unlockables), Marvel vs Capcom 3 (completed the Capcom side), Fable III (considering a new game), LoZ: Phantom Hourglass, Earthbound (considering a new game), Final Fantasy XIII (stuck....just...stuck)

• 2 weeks later...
Finishing up with L.A Noire right now. Then hopefully God of War, God of War 2 (the ps3 remakes) and Assassins Creed Revelations will keep me going until the Jak and Daxter HD Collection is released next month. :D

L.A Noire bored the hell out of me, just too repetitive, but Revelations, I feel, was awesome. Although, still ended incredibly abrupt and with things unanswered like the last one. Le rage.

As for me, I was heavily rampaging through Star Wars: The Old Republic, playing no other game. I got my Sith Inquisitor/Assassin to 50 though and then i've been letting myself play casual and when I want instead of forcing myself to play it to reach level cap. I've been playing quite a lot of games now. Mass Effect (I'm doing my 'uber' saves for ME3), Minecraft, Skyrim and a bit of WoW

• 2 years later...

MEGA-BUMP!

I have been playing a few games recently. Battlefield 4 at least a few times a week. I am not very good but trying to improve. I've also picked up DayZ and played it a ton for a couple weeks, but quickly found that the game doesn't have much to do once you find the best gear. I'm also playing Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, it is pretty much what I expected. Would only recommend if you enjoyed the other XIII games.

Check out my Twitch channel to see what I am playing: http://www.twitch.tv/jeffutv

What about you guys?

Yeah, still alpha. But if you want to play it anytime soon, just go for it. I have heard that the game will be in alpha this entire year. There are bugs, but the biggest problem right now is there are just not very many features. They are planning some feature updates this Spring though. It's still fun but once you know what you are doing after playing for a while, the only danger is enemy players. PvE isn't really a challenge anymore for me.

Currently playing Soul Calibur 5. In create a soul I am beginning to wonder if the devs watch youtube videos of amazing things some of us have created in previous games. I'm also wondering if some of them aren't fans of other things as well. I can make characters from One Piece, Fairy Tail, some DOA-esque looking characters, some Street Fighter-esque looking characters, Dragon Quest charcters, Even variants on Joan of arc or Vlad the impaler. Matter of fact, Harley Quinn, and Naruto characters (I've made a passable Temari). I bet Bleach characters could be created if a bit generic.

Holy crap, Edge Master is insanely hard. So is Eizo Auditore from Assassin's Creed. Nightmare is about what I'd expect in terms of difficulty (damn hard). The new protagonist Petrokolis is crazy difficult as a boss in quick play mode--as hard as edge master because he's even more relentless. Cervantes is a pain to beat.

They've replaced older characters with newer ones. They took out Taki and replaced her with some other strawberry blonde ninja chick with a very slight southern twang. They nixed Sophitia and put in Cassandra's brother Petrokolis and their mother Athena/Elysium (who dresses similar to sophitia). Storyline characters. I never imagined Cassandra getting a soul edge variant of all characters.

The move sets are the same but they changed the mechanics a bit.

I have returned to GTA4 for the time being. Trying out MK9 and Guilty Gear 2 overlords or whatever it was called.

I am currently desirous of getting one of the previous street fighter games and fighting Akuma. I really want to see what this guy is all about.

Archived