Home

Guild Server - please read | EDIT: We're sticking with Vornskr

Do you want to keep Vornskr as our server?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to keep Vornskr as our server?

• Yes, keep it
    • No, pick a different one

Hey folks,

Both Walking Carpets and Imperialist Meatbags were assigned to server Vornskr. Before you commit that to memory: Do you guys want to keep this as our server, or choose one with a cooler/better/easier to pronounce name?

The benefit of keeping Vornskr as our server name is that our guild is automatically created and if you've been accepted to the guild on the official site, it will notify you that that is the server where the guild is.

The downside is that it's a stupid name! Personally I'd like to be on a server that sounds cool when I tell people what server I play on. You can see a partial list here: http://swtorhumanrelations.com/2011/12/12/swtor-server-list/ if you'd like to suggest an alternate server. Remember to pick a US West Coast server.

I'm new to MMOs so I was wondering why the change in the name? What does this impact?

I know from beta testing servers like darth bandon which i was on had a cool name but way over populated and had a hard time getting on (I know it was a stress test but the numbers will go to these know names)

Also If we change it will this be done before we start making our characters tomorrow if we get the email to play?

This is my first MMO,..So forgive my noob-ness =)

@logan23 - server name is purely cosmetic, pretty much the only thing it will effect is overall server population as people tend to flock towards the "cooler" sounding names initially. I wished they would pick up server names from Galaxies, they had some cool ones like Starsider and Sunrunner.

Before we got our server name I kept going on and on about how I really hope it's a cool name and all that... and then when we got it I was like "WTF?"... but then after that initially reaction I just kind of want to get into the game and get my characters set up and the guild ready for everyone so I don't really care about the name of the server.

As long as people can read it on our site and then locate it on the server list then that's fine with me.

Okay, just a heads up, we're sticking with Vornskr. It may not be as cool as some of us had hoped, but we may as well press on and deal with more important things.

So when you get into TOR, look for the Vornskr server and remember it's a US West, PvE server. Just look for the gold flag if you've already joined the guild during on the web site. If not, then look at the official guild threads stickied on this forum for further details on how to join.

Also, here's some additional info if you need more help: http://www.swtor.com/blog/guild-deployment-details

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Oh come on, Vornskr is quite cool!

I see server names that are much worse...Darth Revans Mask, Hex Droid, Space Slug aren´t exactly cool huh?

I twittered my nephew the server name, he'll be able to join the guild the second he get's the 'early acces' mail.

btw, if you were in The Walking Carpets or Imperialist Meatbags, prior to the pre-launch guild lockout on the official site, there will be a flag next to our server on your server list, and when you create your first character it will offer you the option to immediately join our Guild instead of having to wait until you get to the 2nd planet.

btw, if you were in The Walking Carpets or Imperialist Meatbags, prior to the pre-launch guild lockout on the official site, there will be a flag next to our server on your server list, and when you create your first character it will offer you the option to immediately join our Guild instead of having to wait until you get to the 2nd planet.

Some of us have yet to create a character because they haven't got the early -access mail yet :p not everyone's as luck as you!

Hey just checked a website and it says the server is full.
A server listed as "Full" can be a bit deceiving because while there is no actual total character limit for a server, the server will be listed as "Full" when the current allowable traffic is nearing its peak, if that makes sense.

Archived