Home

Guild Server - please read | EDIT: We're sticking with Vornskr

Do you want to keep Vornskr as our server?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to keep Vornskr as our server?

• Yes, keep it
    • No, pick a different one

Hey just checked a website and it says the server is full.

I wouldn't trust the site. I saw the samething today on the TOR site, wrote about it in skype. acdcfanbill reported that the site was wrong. He wrote in game the status said light. That was at 2:11 Central Time.

Well I'm in a 20min queue to get in atm in what would be the local peak time over there (7pm PST), so the server is not wanting for people obviously. Guess any concerns about the name adversely affecting the population can be laid to rest, at least in the short term.

EDIT: ...and after playing for 15-20 mins, got disconnected right in the middle of a fight and dumped back to another 20 min login queue. Good times. I think I'll be avoiding peak time on that server like the plague. Good thing I've decided to roll my Republic scum alts on an EU server. At that time it's the middle of the night over there, so there is no load and no queues (at least at the moment anyway). Kind of like an enforced parallel levelling.

Have to sadly say that the lag on the Vornskr server is too much for me and my nephew...we tried to play it but there was too much lag between clicking and actually doing the damage...that would truly suck in flashpoints and stuff...

I still have a character on the Vornskr server, but I'm playing at a European server at the moment...I'll try to play at Vornskr some time in the future though, maybe the lag was temporarily.

It was definitely nasty today. I would suggest the peak period for the sever (say 3pm to 10pm PST) should be avoided by those of us outside the US. Although that being said, even a guy I know on the server that lives in California got disconnected around the same time I did, so perhaps their network just needs some tweaking.

@ Ztalker: It's not too bad, plus I know about the kind of lag you were talking about since I felt it too, that kind of thing would only really be deadly in PvP games.

It's not perfect but I'm willing to put up with it to be able to play with the rest of the folks on LFN. Of course if these were "hardcore" guilds I know that the members of the guild wouldn't tolerate a guild leader who was suffering even a tiny bit of lag. But I'm sure the rest of you guys are much more forgiving XD

I'm assuming this will calm down just before launch and then at launch we will see this issue pop up for a few days.

I'm assuming the maintience they have scheduled for the servers for the 3 days over the next week and half will get rid of some of theses.

I'm keeping to two servers right now, the guild and a RP east coast server (I live in Nj). And also only make 2 toons till after launch so I can go back to guild server and make a few more toons.

Don't want to spread your toons to to many servers due to the legacy system's future perks .

• 1 month later...

Archived