Home

Is this project dead?

Brandonallmighty

Is this project dead?

I really hope not. But it doesn't look good though. I too have been watching closely and there were no updates. I don't know how many people are still working on it.

Anyway I am really grateful for what they have done so far. If they decide to terminate the project I would be very happy if they released all the maps and work they have done so it wouldn't be for nothing.

Darth Linux was the original producer of the mod. this changed hands over to Darkstarmojo around 08 09 time frame and now he is in charge of the mod. Please do your research before posting threads such as this.

Sometimes a search is all you need to find the answers you seek

I'd hate to sound pessimistic, but let's be real here: With a project that was progressing at a snail's pace since the very beginning, and has not seen any updates in more than a year, the chances are very slim that we'll ever see the completed project. Don't get me wrong, I love the team and all the work they've put into this project, but I'm also a realist.

What I would absolutely love would be for the mod to be picked up again possibly by a group of college students who could all work together under one roof, face-to-face. There's just something about personal interaction that gets things done, where people working together across great distances on the Internet lacks the same motivating factor. This is why video games are always produced by tight-knit teams. There has never been a game produced by an Internet team, at least not to my knowledge.

• 1 month later...

Archived