Who would want a Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake

Taak Farst

KotOR Remake?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. KotOR Remake?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yoda

It depends on what you consider a remake. If it means the same game with windows 7 compatibility, some small control tweaks and perhaps better graphics (a la Monkey Island 1 & 2 Special Editions), then I'm all for it. If it means changing the gameplay, then I'd be more apprehensive, especially given Bioware's recent RPG-related design decisions.

Sure, why the hell not? I've already played the original to death, I'd take any and all changes in a remake. But it's not the right timing, though. The original is still plenty playable and memories aren't jaded enough. Maybe 10 years later, when there's a generation full of people who haven't played KotOR...

P.S. This thread should technically be in Republic Newsfeed. :xp:

I'd love a remake with the cut content implemented (enough of the restoration mods) and fully mod-friendly - for old times sake, Bioware. Nevertheless, I find myself agreeing with Sabre. Like the recent Halo CE remake, it's still way too early for that.

On the other hand, if they were focusing on a sequel I'd oppose this idea strongly. Since they aren't and probably never will be I could welcome it sooner.

I'm for a remake of this game. Imagine using the game engine used for Mass Effect and the graphics as well. That would be sweet.

I'm also for a movie about the first KOTOR game. Make a trilogy. Part 1 would be about the Endar Spire and Taris and ending right when they escape to Dantooine. Part 2 would be the Jedi training all the way up to where Malak reveals the plot twist on the Leviathan. Part 3 would be all the rest up until the Star Forge battle.

I'm also for a movie about the first KOTOR game. Make a trilogy. Part 1 would be about the Endar Spire and Taris and ending right when they escape to Dantooine. Part 2 would be the Jedi training all the way up to where Malak reveals the plot twist on the Leviathan. Part 3 would be all the rest up until the Star Forge battle.

Movie? Do you realize how much they'd mangle the story?

Apart from maybe a remake, for the most part i'm for letting KotOR be the way it is. It's good in it's own right as classic of the video game medium - it doesn't need to be a movie.

A spin-off movie, on the other hand, i wouldn't mind. Like about the Jedi Exile, or the Mandalorian Wars, or Kreia, or something.

Personally, i think it would be best if it where fully animated. And whatever it is, it should reflect the atmospheric feel and spirit of whichever game it spins off from.

Archived