Home

Recruit Ice

Lord Dagron

So Ice is one the duelist on Taris. I've always wanted her in my party. Wouldn't it be awesome if after you kill Bendak Starkiller that when you go to talk to Ice if you get the choice to add her to your party. She could replace Mission. Personaly I always hated having Mission around.

What all would you want from it? Like a sidequest, but like... there's a lot of things tht go along with a recruitment mod. unless you simply want her, then it's just a simple script and then the recruitment dialogue, which will be simple. If you want her to have dialogue, you should also realize it'll need to be silent or whatever.

If you want her to have dialogue, you should also realize it'll need to be silent or whatever.

Not necessarily; You could redo all of her dialogue with a different voice actor, since she doesn't have very many lines. This way her voice would be the same all throughout.

• 2 weeks later...
So Ice is one the duelist on Taris. I've always wanted her in my party. Wouldn't it be awesome if after you kill Bendak Starkiller that when you go to talk to Ice if you get the choice to add her to your party. She could replace Mission. Personaly I always hated having Mission around.

Well, it's time for thread necromancy. :p Since no one has offered to do so, I think that I may make this mod. Is anything special you want done in this mod, in addition to recruiting Ice? (i.e. sidequest, custom item, etc.)

Make her speak female twilek maybe so there are no silent voiceovers, and retro it on to her pre-recruited dialog. I think there is a considerable amount of space for expansion here that won't be particularly difficult I too will offer my services Ferc Kast PM me! :D

Progress update: I have scripts made for recruiting Ice and deleting the pre-recruited Ice, which work perfectly (after a minor struggle.) :) I also have the recruited Ice utc made, as well as a custom portrait row. So, it's moving along fairly decent. I'm about to start making the actual pre-recruited dialog, as well as the post-recruited dialog.

I do have a quick question: Does anyone know how to do the render portrait for the party screen? (See screenshot below; The render portrait, or whatever one calls it, is where I have Mission's default picture as a placeholder in the screenshot.)

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=98&pictureid=8825

Not necessarily; You could redo all of her dialogue with a different voice actor, since she doesn't have very many lines. This way her voice would be the same all throughout.

Yes, but finding a female voice actor is incredibly hard to do. Finding any voice actor for that matter is incredibly difficult.

Make her speak female twilek maybe so there are no silent voiceovers, and retro it on to her pre-recruited dialog. I think there is a considerable amount of space for expansion here that won't be particularly difficult I too will offer my services Ferc Kast PM me! :D

Uh. No. Alien VOs are so overrated, besides... there's not a single party member that speaks alien (besides Zaalbar and wookies can't really speak basic so...) not only that, it would get annoying to hear Twileki every few seconds... as well as the fact that it would downgrade the number of downloads.

Archived