Home

Gamers: What games do you replay the most?

Blix

After starting a new KOTOR game for the millionth time I realized that there were other games (like KOTOR) that I tend to replay over (and over, and over...) What are yours?

Mine are:

*KOTOR I & II: TSL

*Final Fantasy Tactics

*Fable II

*Ocarina of Time

*A Link to the Past

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've played the heck out of Dragon Age: Origins (with DLCs and expansion) in the past year or two, and Mass Effect before that. However, if you're asking about a game I'd periodically reinstall and replay, despite its age, I'd say at the moment it's Hitman Blood Money. Before that, it used to be Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, KoTOR, Warcraft 3, Starcraft, Grim Fandango and Curse of Monkey Island. These are the ones I can think of, anyway.

Games I've played more than the others would probably include the following: DF, DN3D Atomic Edition, and Civ 2/3/CTP when I had a Mac. Once I went Darkside and got a PC, the HL series, KOTOR, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Civ4, CC Bridge Too Far, SM's Pirates!, TSL and probably the first 2 MOH games have probably seen the most use.

Not necessarily my favorite games, and I exclude recent games, even those I'll probably replay plenty of times (like AP).

Icewind Dale 2, probably the one I have played the most, though never finished (still occasionally installing it, mostly because I can create a party from scratch and the excellent combat)

Red Alert 2

Dungeon Keeper 2

Theme hospital

Mount & Blade

UFO: Aftershock

Rome Total War

Morrowind

Jedi Academy (best action game my laptop can play)

Heh, writing this list made me realize that I rarely replay my favorite games more than once (then again, I'm one of those weird people who rarely watch my favorite movies more than once either).

Both KotOR

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 Final Mix +

Devil May Cry 3 (you have the option of endlessly improving Dante so long you play the levels over and over again; which I do when I'm feeling like it)

Disgaea (like DMC3, constantly improving party)

Medieval 2: Total War

Shogun 2: Total War

Age of Empires 2 (though I haven't played it in ages)

NeverWinter Nights (original with expansions SoU & HotU)

KotOR (NOT TSL)

Fallout 3

Morrowind

Minecraft

Those I play pretty regularly still to this day...the heavy hitters. Never fails I keep going back to them. Honorable mentions.

Baldur's Gate 2

Mass Effect 1 & 2

Dead Space 1 & 2

Fable III

Batman: Arkham Asylum

I don't go back to them as often as the others.. but they've managed to keep me hooked for several playthroughs and still hold a charm for another possible playing(s).

8 bit classics, 16 bit classics, fighting games in general (marvel vs capcom, street fighter, kof/fatal fury, doa, soul calibur, tekken, virtua figther, etc.), arcade games, Perfect Dark, Smackdown wrestling games and similar, twisted metal games, both KOTOR games, Dragon Warrior/Quest games, Monster Hunter because its AI adapts to pretty much any trick you have pulled on it before so you never really have the same fight twice, Diablo, sim city, tetris, the dark forces/jedi knight games.

Can't think of anything. Ironic too that some of my favorite games I don't seem to replay very much. I think we have different categories of favorite, like replayable and not so replayable.

LOL @ the TSL haters.

It's got way more replay value than KotOR 1.

LOL @ the TSL apologists

Replayablility? Please. Why would I replay a game that I don't like? :raise:

Incomplete story with few likable characters, it's mediocrity at it's best.

But what do I know.. I'm just a "hater" :xp:

Archived