Home

Now that you've had time to play TOR, what do you think?

Lynk Former

Now that you've had time to play TOR, what do you think?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've had time to play TOR, what do you think?

• It's great, I love it!
    • It's pretty good.
    • Not great, not bad...
    • I'm a bit disappointed by it.
    • Gah, it's terrible!

I can't seem to get enough of it... of course, it's not going to turn into some unhealthy obsession like what happens to a lot of folks. There are still other games to play after all and but in the meantime I've decided to put my time in TOR.

So far I love Tanking with my Trooper Vanguard and seem to be pretty good at it with my experiences with Jeff and others in a team. However, in terms of story, the Sith Warrior definitely has my favourite storyline and it becomes even more interesting when you're playing a light side Sith Warrior like I am.

I do Love it, but I've given it option two, because there are many basic aspects from other MMO's that aren't present, aspects that story and voice acting don't make up for. But I also know we have many years of updates and upgrades that will change the face of tOR.

so 9/10, with the possibility of 10/10 :)

I'm following adam with this one. There's stuff I love, there's stuff I don't, but overall, it's definitely a game I'm willing to spend a lot of hours on (and I'm not going to deny a huge part of it is because it is Star Wars). I'm looking forward to its future and hope it'll give us many years of fun!

I'd 3rd that. They've already achieved a great deal by not only convincing me to play an MMO, but actually pre-order it (and ultimately buy it twice). That said, there is definitely still room for improvement in a few areas.

The real test will be in a few weeks once the initial shine has worn off. TOR has a leg-up on the competition in that regard for the more single player experience oriented among us, but I'm still unsure if it will prove enough to sustain ongoing interest (and subscriptions). Time will tell I guess.

I’m loving it...

That does not mean I haven’t been frustrated as hell at times while playing or there are not parts that I absolutely hate with a passion bordering on the darkside.

Not really sure if it is my choice in class or my choice in purchasing a drivers license rather than my Wookiee a decent weapon, but at times I get overwhelmed by elite enemies. That is a bit strong. I get killed by them, what is so frustrating is I’m usually only one or two more hits on them from winning. This frustrates the hell out of me and makes me want to go back to Skyrim, but it is also my great joy when I finally manage to defeat the enemy. Most of the battles I have problems with are not even necessary to continue the story. They are either the top bonus mission or just an elite I happened upon. I guess another of my problems is wanting to kill every bad guy/girl and let the force sort it out.

Story wise my smuggler has me hooked. A smart mouth, pretend tough girl with a heart of gold, but also willing to bend the rules for gold credits in her pocket. I’ve messed with Jedi knight and Sith Inquisitor too. Really enjoyed the start of the Sith Inquisitor story line and think that will be my second run through, but the smuggler will be my main character. I can’t wait to try alt smuggler, if that tells you anything about I feel about smuggler.

Never thought I'd play a MMO, but here I am and I'm loving it.

Fantastic game. However if I must be picky I would take out the abundance of reused lines on classes. For instance, the Sith Inquisitor uses lines like 'None shall survive.' and others so many times, with no variation in voice or anything.
Yeah, the Bounty Hunter has the "Let's be specific about my pay" line and some other lines that are being reused a few times. Even though we should be glad we got an MMO with thousands of spoken lines, it doesn't mean we should be overlooking some of these lazy tricks.

Lynk: "Looks like you could use a soldier" x9001

and

Silvana: "What exactly are you planning?" x9001

Of course, the repetition isn't really as bad as the misleading options where I choose what seems to be a very resoectable option and then my Trooper ends yelling "FOR THE REPUBLIC!"

...gah.

Of course, the repetition isn't really as bad as the misleading options where I choose what seems to be a very resoectable option and then my Trooper ends yelling "FOR THE REPUBLIC!"

...gah.

Or, and I'm sure you'll have encountered this one, when you want to come across as a cold, calculating Sith, you come out with 'There won't be a heart left beating'... :confused:

The nonsensical schoolgirl giggling during a battle gets kind of annoying at times.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Although I did lol last night as Bremiaha giggled away as some giant robot pummeled a tanking Lynk.

Sadly I haven't been able to get a hold of a copy for myself just yet, but by going off of the gameplay videos I'd say that it looks quite fun and more or less like how I imagined KOTOR III to look.

My smuggler has played the majority of the game on her own. She had to be rescued from one overmatched battle by Mav and Lynk and she has gone on some world boss mission and a flashpoint with the guild, but beyond that it has been solo for her.

It looks and feels like KotOR to me. Play wise it is very different, but IMO in a good way. The character sound is very kotor. With the chat off and the name plates off it feels, sound and looks like kotor. Major difference is I'm playing a style I would not play in a kotor sequel and killing every bad guy/girl I see is not an option for a healer at least. Quest I have to do it, but on random battles I have to pick battles I have a chance of winning. There is no turning down the difficulty when playing a squishier character.

Story wise this game plays very much like kotor to me. Quest and side quest can be way bigger than either kotor, but most have that same type of lightside/darkside options. The closest I can come to describing it is kind of a cross between kotor, jade empire and mass effect 2 only played with friends.

Don’t get me wrong there is no doubt it is a MMO. Idiots come standard; you just can’t allow them to ruin the experience. Still for the most part, I have found the community to be pretty fun to play with. I’ve had random strangers buff me, heal me and come to my aid when I was really getting my butt kicked. Don’t know for sure they were doing it out of kindness or because they owed me because I try to buff any non-smugglers I see and I heal anyone or their companions who are getting their butts kicked.

Even the chat is civilized for the most part. Yeah, of course there's some idiotic discussion once in a while, but more often than not, people actually are nice and get an answer to their question on the general chat and there have been chuckly-worthy discussions going on as well. Not that I follow all that too much, like mim, I tend to hide the chat unless I need it. Teaming up is also quite fun. Just today someone picked "need" on loot just because I did but when he realized I was really the one who needed it, he just gave it to me. I can't complain about the community so far.

Archived