Home

Sith Warrior Story - 'A Threat Leveled' *spoilers*

Astor

Ok, so I've really enjoyed the game so far, up until last night when I hit what seems to be a brick wall.

I'm a level 24 Marauder (using the carnage tree), and I've been given the quest 'A Threat Leveled' (Level 24 quest) by Darth Baras.

So, I head to the orbital monitoring station as ordered, and start to clear the station, making my way to the communications deck, and a conversation with a holographic Nomen Karr.

It's after that, though, that I've been having serious trouble with - the Republic Commando squad (made up of two ordinary level enemies and two strong enemies) that I'm supposed to defeat slaughters me near instantly.

The best I've been able to do is get only one of the strong enemies down to half health before being killed, and I've tried it five times now. I've wasted 6k on stims, medpacs, and repairing my equipment and all that bought me was a couple of extra seconds of being beaten to death.

I've even tried killing the ordinary level enemies in the hope that would at least make it slightly easier to deal with the two strong enemies when I respawn, but they respawned as quickly as I did.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all as to how I'm supposed to win this one?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

You offer to help Astor, but when I hit a snag with my smuggler, I didn't hear any volunteering going on.

***runs off and cries***

With Astor here, it is way more satisfying to get it done on your own.

I've wasted 6k on stims, medpacs, and repairing my equipment and all that bought me was a couple of extra seconds of being beaten to death.
Medpacs/Stims I need no medpacs and Stims. I’m seeing some advantage to this heeler stuff. FINALLY

You offer to help Astor, but when I hit a snag with my smuggler, I didn't hear any volunteering going on.

***runs off and cries***

With Astor here, it is way more satisfying to get it done on your own.

Medpacs/Stims I need no medpacs and Stims. I’m seeing some advantage to this heeler stuff. FINALLY

Definitely agree there. The healing is very nice. When I was playing as a slinger, I needed C2-N2 to do a lot of stuff. Yes, he's a healer. Yes, he's also stupid enough to go right up to the biggest meanest baddie and start punching him. C2 was the only way I was able to beat some stuff as a gunslinger(he wears heavy droid armor, if you are not a healer, it's worth it to invest in kitting him out in all the best armor you can get). There are also crafted med-packs that can heal you and your companion.

General strategy on these types of fights, Stun or otherwise immobilize one of the "strongs" and ignore the other and go after the weaker ones. They generally do more damage. Avoid area attacks. The strong takes long enough to take down that you will be killed by the weaker ones and their high damage. Use your armor break on the strong when you start to attack him(if you have it). Apply as many DOT(Damage over Time) abilities as you can. As a healer I prefer to lead with my pet and let them soak up the damage. But then I can heal it all away.

General strategy on these types of fights, Stun or otherwise immobilize one of the "strongs" and ignore the other and go after the weaker ones. They generally do more damage. Avoid area attacks. The strong takes long enough to take down that you will be killed by the weaker ones and their high damage. Use your armor break on the strong when you start to attack him(if you have it). Apply as many DOT(Damage over Time) abilities as you can. As a healer I prefer to lead with my pet and let them soak up the damage. But then I can heal it all away.
I did have Mav and Lynk come to my rescue later as I could get past the last class quest on Tatooine. Since then I believe I have this killing stuff down or at least manageable. It requires a lot more planning and patience than I normally had. Gotten really good at judging stealth distance and using tranquilizers, been doing as you wrote and stunning the strongest. Also doing a better job of controlling my Wookiee and telling him to attack the same enemy has me. Once I get to final strong, I heal up myself before ordering the Wookiee in. Then just take my time healing my Wookiee.

Think I’m going to write a song titled “Healing my Wookiee.”

I’ve gotten pretty good at this, took out the final boss Act 1 smuggler without firing a shot. The Wookiee literally beat the guy to death while all I did was heal my Wookiee.

Don’t have in armor breaks or DOTs…do have the some stuns. Good enough healer to keep my Wookiee alive, as long as I can keep the bad guys and gals off of me. If you have stuns and you use the Wookiee you may want to check and see if the Wookiee is breaking your stuns. He was mine, so I turned that ability of his off.

This is where Warriors have a real problem in my experience, or at least Juggernauts. I can't speak to Marauders, but Juggernauts do not have the 60 second stun that every other class in the game seems to have. This puts them at a serious disadvantage in group fights against multiple Strongs/Elites.

As a Juggernaut, I have two 4 second stuns (there are also a couple of stuns as a side-effect of some attacks like Smash and Force Charge, but these only work on Weak/Normals). These are fine for single targets, but are insufficient in dealing with groups. In theory, my job should just be to tank both and soak up the damage while my DPS companion kills them. But that doesn't work for me unless I am a couple of levels above the mobs as I am far too squishy.

For a Marauder, the two strategies that present themselves would be using either a DPS companion (Vette at that point) or a healing companion (is this after Balmorra? Can't remember). Lynk seems to favour the former, whereas my experience with other DPS classes leans towards the latter. I guess it is a matter of personal preference. Either way, the idea is to kill them as quick as possible. If you are using Vette, I'd advise both targeting the same Strong and knocking it off as quick as possible. At least then if you die afterward it will stay dead and make the subsequent fight easier.

For that particular quest, I can attest that they have markedly upped the difficulty of it. I played a Warrior during one of the October beta weekends and I waltzed through that quest as a Juggernaut (I was originally planning to play a Marauder in live, so went Jugg for beta) fairly handily despite being under-levelled. When I did the quest again in live with a char a level over the recommended, it was a struggle. I died a number of times.

If you are still stuck on it, I'm happy to come lend a hand (at level 47, I could probably just about tank level 24 mobs :D ).

Actually, my strategy with Vette is to have her attack the strongest enemy of the lot and have her take the first hit on the target. Then when the mob is agro'd, I jump in and take out all of the weaker ones before moving in for the kill on the stronger one(s) and getting the agro away from Vette. Then if I need to I'll use Force Camouflage to take agro away from me and put it back on Vette.

Vette usually gets taken down in the battle if it's up against several strong opponents at a time, but that's rare... in either case, I heal up with Channel Hatred after every mob.

It's worked extremely well so far since my Marauder has been SEVERELY underleveled compared to everything she's faced throughout the entire game so far.... but I still manage to take everything out with Vette right there with me.

But yeah, from my experience with the Marauder, in groups they're definitely the ones to mop up the weaker enemies since they dish out high bursts of damage and move very quickly to the next target.

Archived