Home

Problem mapping a hilt

Ferc Kast

So, I was doing a double-bladed hilt for someone's mod. While starting to UV-map it, I noticed that some polygons are gone on the bottom of the hilt. :confused: Previous to that, I had experienced some difficulty while welding some edges on that side to create an opening. (The rest of the hilt has given me no problem, including an identical opening on the opposite end that worked perfectly.)

So, does anyone know how would I go about fixing these problems; or do I just need to restart the hilt and do something different at the beginning to make the opening on the currently problematic end?

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
io6sWublrD9w9.png

Thanks, DI; That got that problem fixed. :) Once more, I have another question regarding this particular hilt I'm making. This being the first double-bladed hilt I've modeled, I just noticed that it is smaller than the default KotOR double-bladed model while preparing to export it. So, here are my new questions: Will it work properly if I move the planes containing the blade color to the emitters? Or do I need to manually stretch/recreate my hilt to make it the same size as the default model?

Archived