Home

How many people only like the first two Harry potter films?

McClure777

What do you think of the Harry Potter film series?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Harry Potter film series?

• Do you enjoy the first two films more then the rest?
    • Do you enjoy the Later films, 3-7 more then the first two?
    • Hey man, they all suck...

I am not a huge fan of the movies, the books i love with a passion, the movies how ever could have been far better. I only liked the first two, the films alone are excellent, and then when the deleted scenes are added, they get even better. I liked the final two-part 7th film, David Yates i believe directed it, well he did a really good job with what they gave him.

I like the first two better because they added alot more of the books into the films, making it more cannon, and for me and others, more enjoyable.

Go ahead and answer the poll honestly :)

• 3 months later...

I love the books and the movies are good entertainment but now that I have branched out in reading and watching movies I see how they are not that amazing compared to other literature. I grew up with Harry Potter so I'll always like it but compared to things like Lord of the Rings, A Song of Ice and Fire, and many classic novels they are substandard.

I read and love all the books as they were released. (I was only a young'un when I first read Harry Potter as part of a reading class, I believe.) I also saw and enjoy all the films adaptations. The books are in my top 3 favorite series and the movies are in my top 5 series/movies. Currently, I still enjoy to see the movies and now enjoy reading the e-books on my iPod touch. :twocents:

I think the first two not only are more faithful to the books, but have no plotholes (small or big). The same can't be said about the rest.

It's expected to cut many parts of the books, but at least cut the whole subplot, and not put just part of it and leave the audience guessing (it didn't happen to me because I've read the books, but it's easy to notice). A movie based on a book should be able to stand alone and not be dependable of it.

Archived