Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
got job offer from my friend who knows alot of people hiring for seasonal work, landscaping and stuff...all cash paid jobs. looks like im going to get rich this summer...

It will turn you into an old man with medical bills.

I have a hard enough time in my late 30s doing forklift work and lumping boxes.

over a summer? damn.

got a b- in my macroeconomics class, got an 80% on the final that i didn't bother studying for...hell i'm surprised i didn't fail it really, i showed up for class, never really paid attention, skipped out on 2 assignments. probably would have failed it had i studied. so got freshman experience, college writing, macroeconomics, intro to algebra out of the way i know i passed all of them, just wondering what i got on my history final because i was getting names and dates mixed up and he threw in some fill in the blanks and i could not remember stuff. sure i passed though because i did high 80s mid 90s on the other reading assignments and exams in the class. not taking classes over the summer, focusing on making money, getting my car fixed up, paying off debts i owe, working out, and having a good time. :)

I wanted to mention yesterday that I now have a Virtual Gravity Nano (last year's Ball of the Year as voted on by the readers of Bowling This Month) that a friend on my bowling forums shipped to me and I had redrilled and resurfaced. I threw it in anger for the first time the other night, and this ball is really strong...perfect for getting deep in on this house shot. :)

Only a couple of days left before all the craziness ends at work.

Which is good... because life is hard right now.

Mom is upset with me for not being around to take care of stuff around the house... but then things would doubtless be equally as bad for me if I didn't spend what tiny bit of free time I've had for the last couple of weeks with my girlfriend. So either way, I'd have somebody upset.

So, Mom is giving the puppies back to my aunt. She says she can't take care of them. And since I'm not around to do anything...

She's laying the guilt trip on pretty thick right now. :(

Ugh.

I really need to figure out how to be in at least 3 places at once, all the time. Any cloners out there reading this right now??? :dozey:

Thanks. It's crazy thinking back to being the eleven year boy who signed up for this site to the twenty-four year old man enlisting into the Armed Services.

Anyway, what's your experience with the MOS?

my mos, 19d is awesome...haven't actually got to 'do my job' yet as i haven't deployed yet, but the training is great, feels like a mini vacation just chillin with my friends for the weekend going over stuff we learned at basic plus extra stuff. last drill we went over land nav, checkpoints like searching vehicles and personnel, went through a humvee rollover simulator as well. lots of boring powerpoints but that's where note taking skills will keep you awake and focused on learning it before going out in the field and applying it. just don't fall asleep! nice thing that i like better than at basic, you're allowed to bring food/drinks on you, and those help alot when you're bored waiting to do a task. some of the stuff i do on my own outside of drill, went for a ruck march with my friend in the platoon this morning, it was nice. also i do pt on my own, hard to get used to so when you get done with basic/ait don't stop pt, you will see bad results on your pt test due to it trust me. we're in premobilization training right now, so we're just going over basic tasks..pretty fun, its like basic training but without the stress factor.

tips for basic...dont be "that guy". dont be a pussy. dont volunteer but be the first to say ill ****in do it when everyones standing around with a thumb up their butt waiting for the drill sgt to get angry. do pt on your own. you might get smoked good 1-5 times but it's not enough to help you pass your pt test, every night or other night do 2 minutes pushups, 2 minutes situps, then 1 minute pushups 1 minute situps, then 30 second pushups, 30 second situps, that will help you alot. use the pullup bars whenever you get a chance, that will help with pullups.

if you get cough drops, sell them to make money.. lol you'd be surprised how much people pay for contraband...one kid paid $42 for a reeses peanut butter cup. just don't be caught.

also, don't snitch on anybody unless they're doing something that will endanger yourself or others. it will save your platoon trust me.

no experience with the mos you signed for, unfortunately. good luck!

Only a couple of days left before all the craziness ends at work.

Which is good... because life is hard right now.

Mom is upset with me for not being around to take care of stuff around the house... but then things would doubtless be equally as bad for me if I didn't spend what tiny bit of free time I've had for the last couple of weeks with my girlfriend. So either way, I'd have somebody upset.

So, Mom is giving the puppies back to my aunt. She says she can't take care of them. And since I'm not around to do anything...

She's laying the guilt trip on pretty thick right now. :(

Ugh.

I really need to figure out how to be in at least 3 places at once, all the time. Any cloners out there reading this right now??? :dozey:

lol remind me not to purchase a house that i need to work crazy hours for.

lol i thought of the grill thing bro, yeah that would work. power is back up! :D

lol remind me not to purchase a house that i need to work crazy hours for.

lol i thought of the grill thing bro, yeah that would work. power is back up! :D

Calvary Scout huh? One of my first recruiters did that, said he loved.

Where did you do BCT? I'm heading to Fort Sill in September.

I have finally accepted I have grey hairs. But i am still in denial that i have a bald spot forming on the top of my head
I have to start shaving every day now... I have a bald spot forming in my beard in a weird and awkward place.

Last "Big" show of the semester here. A couple of smaller, low profile things later this week... but I'm beginning to see the light on the horizon.

My aunt came and took the puppies away this morning. Kinda sad... but also probably all for the best in the long run. At least they are with somebody we can visit often to see how they are doing.

got in an auto fender bender.....insurance elapsed, so yeah. hoping i stay under the radar. :( ****in my fault too which sucks. not sure what to do other than just wait and see what happens. hope i dont get my license suspended cause then i am really ****ed. :mad::(

Archived