Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh ****, Ike is moving to me, Scar, R15's, Keyan, and Ed's side of the country.

The universe cannot take this much awesome.

I think you are all a great counter-balance to the awesomeness that is Gunner.

Little ol me is stuck in the rural midwest

ike reminded me that i got a tooth extracted 2 weeks ago. Going to get a crown on it in a few months. Still got some hydrocodine left over... best part of tooth extractions are the pain meds they give you.

Congrats, Dr. Ike! :D

What town up there, neighbor?

Although, knowing what I do about your political leanings, you'd seem a better fit for a resident of New Hampster. ;)

But who knows... In a couple of months, you might just fit right in with the hemp wearing, ponytailed, organic brown rice and tofu munching, Birkenstock-wearing lefty hippies up there in the Green Mountain State!

:joy:

LukA_YJK, sure. We now use to live in different states... but in same country. We are different folks, but same people. We have different cultures and religions, but we have same dream and mission. Together we can overthrow any aggressor, and until aggressor can't separate us, we are invincible.

Law Snoll, it is still a public holiday over here, but all these "we are same people" rhetoric works until "the big brother" comes in... So, we are not in the same country, we never were. My grandfather was a machine-gunner in the Caucasus front (was wounded badly) he went there right from the jail since he was arrested in 1937. His little brother was a commander of a detached machine gun battalion, fought in the Western front, perished in the Rjev meat-grinder, 120 km from Moscow. We found by a chance where his remains are re-buried only two years ago.

LukA_YJK, sure. We now use to live in different states... but in same country. We are different folks, but same people. We have different cultures and religions, but we have same dream and mission. Together we can overthrow any aggressor, and until aggressor can't separate us, we are invincible.

Cmdr. Cracken, that's great. My respect to your grandfather!

LukA_YJK, something over same here.

My ancestors on father's line were Siberian Old Believers, they were large family with lot of children and almost all of family were died once during the Civil War of 1918-21 and then repressed because of they were against Communist power. Even now we don't know much about fate of some of them. When local "Communism era lovers" tells me about how good was that time of Stalin, i ask them how could it be when it was starvation... here, in Siberia! Here was no of famine and wars for centuries, especially when after Russians comes. Communists changed everything... to worst. So i have no reason to love them too.

Anyway, my great-grandfather there go to fight, he was crew member of Pe-2 tactical dive bomber, and grandfather was commander of self-propelled tank destroyers platoon (once SU-85 and then SU-100).

Mom's parents story was pretty sad too. Grandfather (father of my mother) was infantry captain, taken injured by Germans as POW in begin of 1942 near of Vyazma (same Rjev meat-grinder, you know...) and then escaped right from train of POWs in Belorussia. He joined to resistance group and when those group finally rejoined to bulk of Red Army troops, my grandfather was arrested. Welcome to Siberia, right? Grandfather find a way to report my grandmother about he is alive in compression camp, so she abandoned everything in Kostroma and goes to Siberia too. And then they decided to stay in Novosibirsk forever (right choice, more far from Moscow - less of idiots). Until now i can't understand those logic of Communists: was taken POW mean enemy of state.

But, anyway, it does not change my point of view on common role of all nations of the Soviet Union in War. Against World's most powerful external aggressor, with own hostile anti-people government and harsh casualties, they there won us right to live now anyway.

yes, I had a bone graft put in right after the extraction.

Today I joined my gaming group for a D&D 3.5 game session. Went after the family that has been the nemesis of the group for the last 2 years in RT. Level 20 lich sorcerer was the "main boss". Of course being Players we practically went through the whole encounter backwards and most of the encounters barely made it past the first round.

got my ass kicked saturday...ran 2 miles in 15:29, then rucked 7 miles with my friends, then went out for drinks afterwards. sunday i was sooooooooo tired. visited my mom for mother's day. good weekend off.

today i'm chilling at the library for about an hour, then going to go pay some of my citation at the court, then going for a run with my friend. got some laundry in the wash right now. :)

Archived