Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hoping that the $300 I just spent on newegg will fix my non-booting desktop. I suspect it was the mobo since it wouldn't even POST. Bought a cpu, mobo and 16gb ram. Hoping that I can just hook up my old stuff and eke out a bit more life until I can do a full build from scratch.

Saw SNow WHite and the Huntsman. Hugely disappointed. Kristen Stewart was unsurprisingly wooden, and you got sick of her watching twitching mouth which is her way of showing emotions on close ups. The "rally speech" was one of the worst bits of cinema ever.

Don't bother seeing it in the theatre.

Rather have seen Prometheus or Avengers.

Funny thing is I am not into Sci-fi horror, but every time i see it I enjoy it.

Went indoor miniature golfing under blacklights Saturday night with the GF and kids. It was kinda fun... though we ran out of time and they closed before we finished the entire course. I had the best score... but only because I got EXTREMELY lucky with a couple of very unexpected holes-in-one. http://www.opryglowgolf.com

Yesterday was a bit of a wash out. We wanted to play D&D with the kids... but they didn't get any of their chores done in time so that we could... so we ended up chillin' on the couch, watching TV most of the day.

Got mom's ROKU box installed the other day. What a cool little device! If I didn't already have XBox or PS3, I'd definitely get one for every TV.

Watched Prometheus yesterday. Not an Alien movie certainly.

:(

Ive heard mixed reviews

Saw SNow WHite and the Huntsman. Hugely disappointed. Kristen Stewart was unsurprisingly wooden, and you got sick of her watching twitching mouth which is her way of showing emotions on close ups. The "rally speech" was one of the worst bits of cinema ever.

Don't bother seeing it in the theatre.

Rather have seen Prometheus or Avengers.

Funny thing is I am not into Sci-fi horror, but every time i see it I enjoy it.

I read some GREAT reviews of it, thats sad

hoping that the $300 I just spent on newegg will fix my non-booting desktop. I suspect it was the mobo since it wouldn't even POST. Bought a cpu, mobo and 16gb ram. Hoping that I can just hook up my old stuff and eke out a bit more life until I can do a full build from scratch.

you def should try and holdout on a new build till haswell drops in q1 of 2013

:(

I read some GREAT reviews of it, thats sad

I liked the story, the Huntsman and Dwarves were great. How the queen was defeated was kinda lame. Kristen Stewart was only in the movie because of her Twilight fame. And really she was the only "known" actress who was fair skinned with dark hair and had a regal look.

Too many cute Petite blonds in the industry right now

went out for my 2 mile run. haven't ran in about a week, my time went about a minute. lol 16:42. still passable.

Splinter Cell Blacklist!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only other game i'm looking forward to. I still need Ghost Recon Future Soldier...

Did...did I just travel back in time to like 2002?
I stopped caring what chipset/ vid card was in my computer around the time Apple went Intel.

There's not enough difference between any of them anymore to remain partisan about it (that I can see.)

And I haven't played a PC game made after '04 or '05, (or played any PC game at all since I bought the consoles...) so the need for screaming hardware is lost on me. As long as I can stream Netflix movies, a bit of occasional image editing, and open plug-in intensive webpages without delay,.. whatever is in the box is good enough for me.

1313 gameplay kinda looks to me like Mass Effect with a Star Wars skin over it. Not that I'm saying that would be a bad thing... In fact, it might just be the most awesome thing ever if done correctly!

But it doesn't look totally original to these eyes... Which is what I'm really hoping a future SW game will be.

But a couple of short and early gameplay vids isn't enough to really base an opinion on... so I will remain optimistically interested.

1313 gameplay kinda looks to me like Mass Effect with a Star Wars skin over it. Not that I'm saying that would be a bad thing... In fact, it might just be the most awesome thing ever if done correctly!

star wars the old republic is that.

Did...did I just travel back in time to like 2002?
The main reason I stick with them is I feel like I would have to learn a new language if I switch to Intel. Plus they are cheaper.

I've been using AMD since the original Athlon came out, and this will be the 4th AMD based system I have assembled. I think I have used all MSI mobos as well.

First one was in '99 I think, Athlon 700 MHz (!!) Slot A

the next was an Athlon 64 Socket A

next was Athlon 2 X2 (I think) Socket AM2

This one is an A6 socket FM1

The main reason I stick with them is I feel like I would have to learn a new language if I switch to Intel.

Even the Intel and AMD CPUs speak the same language!

First one was in '99 I think, Athlon 700 MHz (!!) Slot A

Yeah, I had that one in '99. That thing was an X-Wing Alliance beast. I think mine was 650 MHz, though. Or maybe not. It was the fastest one you could initially get.

Hot, hot... Flaming June comes. Yet two weeks ago it was around +5C here, and then it become hot with +30C. Last night i awoke because of youngsters with guitar walked here everywhere around, singed and told everybody to awake and sing with them. Older people really goes on street and started to sing with those youngsters together. Nobody wants to sleep, everybody celebrates begin of summer. After all these frozen winter when even air itself looks ready to became ice, cold spring with rains and winds... Flaming June comes.

What can be better?

Rogue15, yeah, i like it too.

In Siberia here we have pretty specific climate that features very cold winter (-40C are not afraid and amazes us) and very hot summer with +40C sometimes. Overall year amplitude can reach 90 degrees, so we call it as "Mad Horse weather" or even "Moon weather" because of in spring we can easily have -15C at night and then +15C at day. Just try to imagine what such of weather can make to roads, buildings and mechanisms! In begin of summer real madness of nature starts here because of everything is hurry to live. Grass and bushes grows very fast and aggressive, crushing even rocks and reaches height of human tail in just couple of weeks. Forests literally attacks Siberian towns, trying to consume and turn into hash everything that people built. Sometimes i think such of aura of biosphere affects local people somehow, and in begin of summer we became like drunk with only air too. The Siberians (aka Siberiots among whole Russian superethnos, lol), who everybody think looks harsh and gloomy, became like crazy in this days. I don't know how to explain it, but it's wonderful.

Archived