Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is probably what it was. i can drink yuengling lager like water, just not as fast. switching to lite beer after drinking that is like drinking flat soda.

going on a ruck march with my friend today...should be fun, we're going to see how far we can go got a full camelback and 2 canteens of water, temp is supposed to reach 90 today. **** yeah, america!!

My life has taken an interesting turn: I was contacted last night, and identity confirmed today, by a woman who turns out to be a half sister whom my mother had given up for adoption at age 18. We spent the bulk of the day connecting my half sister with the rest of the family, and I am very much looking forward to getting acquainted with her, as I kind of always wanted an older sibling. :)

Some of you may have also seen it on Facebook, but today also marks five years since the bowling outing with my brother that "lit the fuse" for my return to league bowling. :D

Spent most of the day cleaning and getting ready for company. My wife's dad and his younger sister are showing up for a few days

Used boiling water to help peel a half bushel of peaches we got. Monday we are planning on having my infamous Maple-soy marinaded salmon on the grill. Peach sangrias for drink

ruck march was pretty good, 30 pounds just didn't seem heavy enough. we almost got killed by a snake, my friend barely tripped over it and i almost stepped on it...scared the holy **** out of me. i screamed like little girl. lol

Hoppy Barfday, Crack-Baby!!!

:joy:

I've spent most the the weekend sitting still in one place... Melting.

Went to the nearby quarries yesterday afternoon. They turned it into a park a few years back. No swimming there anymore... But you can walk around, looking at the old structures.

There's a cool breeze now... But also a lot of rumbling thunder around us.

Looks like thars a big storm a-comin'...

Not a horrible weekend... But not the most memorable or productive one either.

It was just too hot to do much that involved a lot of physical activity.

I drew out (or re-drew...) some maps that will be part of my campaign world once we start playing D&D seriously again.

Played a little Skyrim. Watched Blazing Saddles...

Seems a lot nicer this morning... So far.

It should be a short week for me. Yay!

may go for a 2 mile run today. i'm pretty dehydrated though (according to the dark yellow color of my pee), so might wait til it's like 90 degrees, which by the time i am fully hydrated that's what the temperature will be.

i need alot of work with my car :(

windshield

rear driver side window

spark plug wires

tires

bodywork (rust around the rear wheel wells)

brake light

brakes

just need alot of cash so i can get it all fixed. it's going to drive nice i think when all that work is done, hopefully. not sure how much it will all cost...i know windshield is $180, and the tires around $140 if i get them brand new, not sure about the other stuff but i'm sure it will add up fast. it's for a...

1998 chevy tracker 4x4 4DR Hardtop. I'm going to be sad if i have to get another vehicle, will probably roam around looking for another just like it because it is so comfortable for me to drive (plus easy to dodge careless drivers in)

I dislike going to work also. Really tempted to take a sick day. I work in a warehouse that has no air conditioning.

The Managers attitude on the heat in a nutshell

Manager: YOu cannot air condition a 70,000 square foot warehouse

Worker: We shouldn't have to work in these conditions

Manager: You are right, you don't have to <Ominous silence>

I used to work in a 120,000 sq ft. cold storage ware house. Place was a constant 35 degrees except for the freezers which were at -5.

I used to be in a very serious relationship. It ended almost a year ago (last August) and I haven't been able to get over it. When we broke up, she told me that she'd be having her doubts ever since we were in Chicago.

We were in Chicago over the Fourth of July weekend.

So I was a little down over that. I was bored and decided to watch a movie. I chose Transformers: Dark of the Moon, which was a mistake on its own. To make things worse, the hotel we stayed at on that ill-fated trip...is literally next door to the building that the Decepticons have their teleporter on. So I get to be reminded about that weekend.

Hell. I can barely ever seem to catch a break. I think it would be easier on me if actual bad stuff happened instead of death by paper cuts.

Archived