Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No-tap 300 game last night (no-tap = 9 pins on first ball = strike)

And I believe I told Ed on Facebook that I might have one, and that they might not have all been natural strikes (I had 5 no-tap strikes). Still, not a bad way to celebrate my birthday.

:joy:

Gratz Zargon! :D

EGADS!!!

XWA'ers are breeding!!! It is the end times!!! The Mayans were right about 2012!!!

:joy:

Congrats!

Congrats, Zarg!

Thanks guys :D

I tried to check back but the forums were down again

its been a busy month

job interview tomorrow! :D

I have one on the 10th......

I start the job on September 10th :D

I know that feeling...

I broke my favorite tea mug this morning. :( The ginormous one with the American Flag emblazoned on it. (Pretty much my sole public display of patriotism...) Had to switch to a backup. It's just as big... yet, somehow, not really the same. It's gonna take a few days to recover from this...

At least I'm feeling better, and should have an early evening at work.

My wife and I finished the "Tour De pearl" which was a bike ride that included 20 stops at local bars. Not all at once, but at our leisure. one bar was only open at 5pm. And one place had no way to get there via bike unless you crossed a highway. At each stop you needed to ride your bike, and order a Pearl Street Brewery brew. There is an after party where those that have completed the tour get a chance at the drawing for a $3000 custom made bicycle. Probably biked over 50 miles over the course of the last few months

still dont know if ill be on the deployment with my unit or not. ****ing dentists havent reviewed/updated my **** yet, so i'm stuck in limbo...and there is NOTHING that i can do. other than try and remain calm at work. hahaha...this **** ****ing sucks. the way it's going now, i'll find out when i only have less than 2 weeks to go. hoping i go, cause the alternative really sucks-ESPECIALLY considering the condition of my vehicle. (brakes are starting to go)

So my sister has gone completely insane.
Really? I know you've mentioned her questionable decisions in the past... What makes her certifiable this time around?

Wildstar:

I went bowling yesterday with a group from work. I generally came in 2nd or 3rd out of about 14 of us participating. Most of my scores were in the low to mid 100s.

Seeing as that was only the 2nd or 3rd time I had ever been non-Candlepin bowling in my life, and the first time bowling at all in at least 3 or 4 years... I thought I did fairly well. I had a streak of 3 strikes in a row at one point. I also discovered I did better with lighter balls (shut up you guys...) with larger holes drilled out. Only one gutterball all day!

I think it's something I might be able to get pretty good at if I stuck with it and did it on a regular basis.

why has your sister gone completely insane, keyan?

calling off work...not a cloud in the sky today and i don't feel like spending entire day zoning and doing busy work. my medpros updated me so i'm a dental class 2-deployable now.

hey ike, have you experienced national guard/reservists using Logistics Health Incorporated dental vouchers? just wondering. cause that is what i had to use. no cost to me, just had to use their network.

Nice turkey, Ed! :D

What you actually want is a ball that fits your hand. The holes shouldn't be too tight or too loose, and you should be able to barely slip a pencil between your palm and the ball with your fingers in the ball. I actually use what they call a fingertip grip, where my fingers only go in to the first knuckle; I don't consider myself that strong, yet I can handle a 15 lb. ball w/ a free swing and w/o much grip pressure b/c the ball fits. :)

Really? I know you've mentioned her questionable decisions in the past... What makes her certifiable this time around?

Strapping my young nephew in his car seat, downing a bunch of booze, then driving off, sideswiping another car, and getting arrested. During this process she somehow also managed to destroy the garage door, and lock my nephew in the car for good measure. I knew her idiocy knew no bounds, but I actually kind of thought it did have some bounds when it came to putting her own son in danger. Frankly, I didn't even think she would drink and drive with just herself in the car. She's lucky no one actually got hurt during this.

Can you get counseling and treatment for being a moron?

Seriously, if she were an alcoholic, this would be understandable. Not excusable, of course, but at least it would make some kind of sense. But this is not that. This is her and her lifelong predilection for being unwilling to think more than three seconds into the future and connect some very simple dots.

It's why she nearly didn't graduate high school, despite being more than capable of doing well. It's why she has failed at every job she has ever had. It's why she has dated a string of losers. It's why she is a single mother. It's why she accidentally bought a car once. It's why at nearly 30 years old she is still not supporting herself.

And it's why, despite being shaken up by the consequences she will have to face because of this, in no time she will have completely forgotten this lesson and be back to her old self.

Archived