Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curled for the first time this season yesturday. Of course my work schedule is all screwed up. Instead of having Friday and Saturday off I have Saturday off, and Wednesday for curling

Spent most of the time getting the Ice ready and cleaning up. Did get a game in, made most of my take outs, but only made half of my draws/guards. In one end I scored 4.

Today would have been the 2-year anniversary of our first date. :(

I was going to make kind of a big deal out of it. But now... no point. Just going to work like any other day.

I think it's gonna be a rough day... but after this I think I'll be able to feel like I can start to let everything go.

I had a dream about her last night. It wasn't a super happy one.

Apparently I have a younger brother born late Oct of 89...

the

F

U

C

K

[edit]

seriously

WHAT THE

F

U

C

K

[edit2]

still in shock.

his name is robert

W

T

F

back late 89, my dad forced my mom to give em up for adoption before they married dec 25th '90

the deal was that me and my siblings were to be offically adopted by him (my dad) and moved out of the house all within 5 yrs

I dont know what to think,

I'm 27 now but:

I obviously love my mom.

my dad (step-dad for the past 22yrs), is my

f

u

c

k-ing dad.

back in '02~'03 I had my realization/epiphany that my dad WAS 'my dad' for a reason.

I love and call my step-father 'dad' not because he married my mom x-mas of '90.

But the ******* raised me.

LOOK, I'm attempting to dodge the filters for obvious reasons (my jerk arse won't do bannable offenses unless i mean it.)

BUT

I love the guy.

He's my DAD.

when was the last time you cleaned out your ears ed? I often have to do it myself at least once a month or get some infection. They sell ear wax remover kits at local drug stores.

had another game of curling in. Was down 4, but came back to tie it up. tho I choked on a outside take out to lose the game

Pretty often.

I had zero wax in there when they looked in there for my follow up. I don't think it's that...

It's in my middle ear... behind the ear drum. Fluid keeps building up in there. It's supposed to drain... but I think my Eustachian tube is blocked. It could be related to the sinus thing... which could be related to the tonsil problems I've had my entire life. Or it could just be a different manifestation of seasonal allergies.

I'll give it a few more days to clear up... then back to the doctors. :rolleyes:

Good times...nearly had a "triple deuce" set last night, going 227-197-211 for a 635 set and my best league night since my second 700 to end summer league in 2011.

I'll also be springing a surprise on Facebook (sort of), hopefully today (The one hint? Don't look for a status update.).

wow...so much to read.....as far as I have gotten so far:

congrats IKE on dentistry, and wtf is wrong with you 5 kids??? yikes!

was that ray that has another on the way? congrats?

ed: sorry dude, that sucks....

kooki: same thing

I'm swamped and the last 2 times I tried to get on the board was down(again)

Was hoping it would be done last night, but since I ran into an unexpected obstacle, I'll let everyone here in on it...I bought an HTC EVO V 4G smartphone from Virgin Mobile (essentially a repackaged EVO 3D), but the obstacle was that I was having a dog of a time getting the phone swapped. I eventually did, but by that time, it was too late to wait for data services to become active to do anything before bedtime, so I was unable to get on Facebook (which would've been the clue...the notification that I started using Facebook for Android).

I would like to get a smart phone so much. But my wife an I are trying to save money and pay off our non-mortgage debts. Can't afford the data fee's to make a smartphone worthwhile. Rather sad to see my coworkers on break all with their heads down "praying" to their smart phones

Some cell-phone video of the Townshend event that's made it to the web.
still get goosebumps at the part after "meet the new boss..", even in that setting. I almost got to see them live, but couldn't make it even after i had bought the tickets. Their performance in the Concert for New York after 9/11 was just amazing, even on TV.

I'm grandfathered in on my iPhone's unlimited data plan. It's why I haven't changed plans yet...
ditto.

Kinnison, I'm happy that my $35/mo. plan has unlimited data (but they do throttle the speed once you go over your monthly quota; good thing I can always use the free wifi at the bowling alley, which doesn't count toward your quota). What's limited is my voice service...300 anytime minutes, but I don't do much calling on it.

Archived