Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got some answers from her mom.

Basically: she felt things weren't working out for her here, and there was this guy in Mexico she had a history with. It must have gotten rekindled (online) at some point, so she decided to head back.

There was a bit more to it all... but that's the highly edited version of the pertinent facts.

I guess I understand it all better now. Though I'm still mad that she chose not to tell me the truth of her intentions. At least that way I could have had a cleaner break, and not spent a lot of time and effort (and money, too...) before she left. And not spent those lonely months expecting her to return.

I've lost pretty much all respect for her over this. NOW I really feel used.

No idea.

Her mom did mention her health and "limited time..." in the message as part of her reasons for the decision, but that's something that she could be telling her mom as well.

Now that I know she can boldface lie at that scale, I have strong doubts of the veracity of anything she ever told me.

Time will tell.

i guess this forum isn't embedding correctly

Basics are you have Vikings vs Buccaneers flying hot air balloons with Rockets for added thrust, and Cannons. Your team crews the ships from a small Kamikaze, to a Battleship with 2 cannons on both sides. While on the ship you can fire the cannons, pilot the ship, spot, fire airmines, fire Flak guns as blockers, support the cannons (make the fire faster) fix the ship. Or if your close enough jump ship and try to board and capture an enemy ship.

Multiplayer FPS Co-op at it's finest. Would be a great game for a LAN party

Dang, this was a really bad one. At least 27 dead, mostly kindergarten kids. I'm sure it's going to be even harder on the families, being so close to Christmas.

I'm seeing some stuff about the shooter having committed suicide and some stuff about him being killed some other way. Not sure what the real story is here yet.

Well, you better know. I used to shoot with M16 only once in my life and it was more than 10 years ago. From my point of view all those guns are same. If you can shoot with hunting varmint-class rifle, then you will easily shoot with any assault rifle of "nerd gun" caliber (well, in Russian army there's some sort of humiliating nickname for assault rifles that uses intermediate cartridges of 2nd generation, those so called "low impulse" cartridges like 5.56 NATO or 5.45 Russian - soldiers of Siberian units who mostly prefers to use older "hunting caliber" 7.62 assault rifles calling those newer guns as "nerd guns").

Of cause, i'm not in position to recommend you anything, i just want to understand what makes you wish to have an assault rifle at home. Oh, right... forget it.

P.S. Damn, i have here two firearms at home. First is rifle, that was once belonged by my grandfather. And second is shotgun of my dad. I was demanded to take it store at my home after dad died. And i really don't know what to do with this arsenal...

it's just target practice with a semi-automatic rifle basically, i dont own any semi automatics , but hm maybe a .22 semi-auto would suffice but the AR15 is almost the same price. cept for the ammo, which in that case i can get 1000 rounds of .22 for less than $30. now if my unit would let me i'd just draw it from our arms room at the armory but that would never be allowed cause for a military range there needs to be so many people like range control, a medic, safety officer, etc. which is probably why the ng doesnt get much range time and my platoon sergeant basically expects everybody to be rich and have their own M4 and go to the range every day lol

By the way, did you see those new SCAR rifles? And if yes, how is it?

You know, during my conscription service in training camp i got a chance to shoot with FN FAL some... well, it is only enemy foreign design of assault rifle that was better than AKM, from my point of view. Those FN FAL was very powerful and accurate rifle, very simple and friendly design (i understood how to disassemble it for maintain after 2 minutes without any help from aside) and cartridges 7.62 NATO... my size. So i heard those new SCAR rifles is some sort of very upgraded FN FAL design. Is is so or not?

I am so deprived in my life I have never fired a gun. I was able to hold an AK-47. That is about it.

It was rather interesting to walk into my Apartment and seem my roommate on the kitchen floor cleaning his AK. I think he planned it.

Tho in the near future I would like to buy a Rifle and use it for deer hunting. Living in northern WI kind of requires it. Might end up hunting on my Brothers Father-in-laws land. he has about 40 acres of farmland in northern WI.

Any suggestion on a Rifle i should look for when making my purchase?

no i didnt get to shoot that weapon. :( i have fired the M16A2, M4, M2 .50 Cal. (the newer one that doesnt require headspace and timing) M240b, M249, M320 Grenade Launcher, M203 Grenade Launcher, Mk19 Grenade machingun, and M136 AT4. all "explosive" firing weapons i only got to use the chalk rounds. .50 cal is pretty fun to shoot.

@k_k: my rifle is bolt action remington 710 shoots .270 caliber ammo, it has a composite stock looks like a sniper rifle lol and it is very accurate. came with a 10x power scope.

im not really gun crazy so i dont know different hunting rifles i mean if it can take a deer down it doesnt matter the caliber unless you're going for bigger deer like elk lol i just picked the coolest looking gun, but i also looked it up online, and i bought it at walmart lol.

Archived