Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

I'm working close to 40 hours in the next 3 days (12 - 14 hours a day today, tomorrow, and Sunday...)

And of course: I didn't sleep more than an hour in total last night. Oh goodie. Perfect timing for a bout of insomnia. :rolleyes:

I figure I'll be deathly sick by Monday morning. At least Monday isn't a long day at work... though I probably will still have to get up early to do the trash.

Maybe it will get skipped this week... :dozey:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In high school I had a history teacher that was fine with kids sleeping in class as long as they stood up against the back wall to do it. Surprisingly one kid took him up on the offer. and did. Have to be really tired to do that.

As for my job.. no nothing as tedious as waxing. Just driving around in figure eights and stacking/restacking pallets

parade day went pretty well. chilled with a couple of my buddies the whole day from 9am until 9pm. good time. :) off today...bored out of my mind. and broke til thursday...literally and seriously scavenging for food.

oh yes, and i am getting basic allowance for housing for going to college...pays more than what i pay for rent! so that is awesome!

i beat Fallout 3....good thing i still got a ton of quests to do and extra content from the disc...ending was weird, well liberty prime was pretty sweet. haha put fable II in and beat that for the sacrifice achievement. kinda bored playing video games all the time now...

I started texting a former coworker girl who recently got fired, it could eventually go somewhere if i make it happen, but since i'll be not around for a year or so starting in the fall, i don't know.

I do know that i'm getting back in touch with my old friends and so far it's been a good time!

i beat Fallout 3....good thing i still got a ton of quests to do and extra content from the disc...ending was weird, well liberty prime was pretty sweet.

INITIATING DIRECTIVE #7395: DESTROY ALL COMMUNISTS!

Or the fact he throws nukes around like footballs:eek:

The operation Anchorage quests are actaully quite fun. None of the tediousness of having to repair stuff and the stealth suit you get from the quest is AWESOME

I have an unexpected day off due to a giant transformer explosion/ fire less than a block from the college. I was looking at my building on the news last night.

The power is expected to be off until later tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

Spring break may begin early if that's the case.

Sounds like things I've gone through...

Sorry to hear that, bud. :(

2nd day off due to no power at work. Not complaining... but it does make me realize just how dependent all my professional skills are on a fully intact power grid. Pretty much everything I know how to do of value relies on electrons flowing through copper... and without it, I'm more-or-less just dead weight on society.

Pretty much everything I know how to do of value relies on electrons flowing through copper... and without it, I'm more-or-less just dead weight on society.

Learn to play a harmonica... that is what I am doing.

If the SH** ever hits the fan I think I can do quite well, just living on the Mississippi with my kayak (thinking of buying a canoe) and bike. So much now relies on smart phones, computer, and electronics that I wonder how society can go to crap with just a well place EMP bomb

New keyboard! It's a Steel Series 6gv2 mechanical keyboard. It's so much better than the other keyboards I've used.

Of course, I'm still getting used to typing on it. Some of the keys are in not their normal spots (it IS a gaming keyboard, after all) and it takes slightly more force to hit some of the keys. Again, getting used to it. :D

Friday my local microbrewery "Pearl Street Brewery" offered a free pint for those that wore green. Couldn't pass that up and had my Growler filled up with their limited "Java Lava" coffee stout.

Saturday we went to the local "Dublin Square" Irish pub. ANd will never go their again. They have Americanized their "Irish Fare" and try to cater to the collage crowd with Drink specials. They had a limited menu for St. Patties day. I ordered the Sheperds pie, and got a Bowl of mashed potatoes with a meat sauce on top. My wife got Bangers and Crunch , got potatoes and salty greasy sausages that were practically inedible to her. It was so bad she had an upset stomach the whole day afterwards and the bathroom looked like a COllage bar's bathroom :sick:

But we were able to go down the riverside and enjoy the nice weather which is unseasonably warm in the upper 70s. Ended up going home and watching Babylon 5 for a few hours (In the first part of season 3 now, i got the whole series on DVD)

And I finished off my bottle of Glenlivet 12 year single malt scotch today :(

This was the first weekend of my local bowling association's championship tournament. I had a family commitment yesterday, so I couldn't be there, but I was there today, and I took my bicycle there, which was my first real trip on it in something like 2 years. I was sucking a bit of wind going up there (which is the killer way, as it involves 2 climbs, often with the wind in your face), but it was a bit better coming home (going downhill twice).

As for the actual bowling, there were no crazy scores, but I did see a bowler that I knew pick up the "Big 4" split (the 4-6-7-10)...very hard to do. :)

Archived