Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xbox live anyone??? i hope so
I've been on Live all along. Hardly ever do anything with it anymore. Not since playing co-op Halo Reach with Keyan anyways...

If it weren't for downloading DLC for my racing games, and getting Youtube on my TV... I could probably live without it at this point.

Hopefully that changes when Halo 4 drops.

I'd be willing to work through Halo 1 (AKA: Anniversary) again if anybody wants to tackle it co-op. Let me know... I'll pick it up.

Otherwise: I think my next game is going to be Skyrim. Dunno if I'll ever have time to ever make a dent in it... but it just looks so amazing I can't stop myself from wanting it.

IIRC the engine use for Fallout 3 and new Vegas was used for Skyrim. I have been hopelessly addicted to Fallout 3. There is some great enjoyment for me just exploring and finding an abandoned caches of supplies... or waling into an abandoned grocery store and seeing a rube goldberg type trap get activated that reveals some hidden loot.

I for one am waiting for Diablo 3.

I want to play through Serious Sam 3 co-op when it hits XBLA. Other than that, I don't have much to do with it. I'm playing through Perfect Dark with a friend right now, but he doesn't have much free time. I don't know about any more Halo. I don't think I'm too interested in Anniversary. As for Halo 4, I'll have to wait for the reviews.

Took my Dad out the bar last night. TO a place that had over 100 beers and 15 on tap. He had the O'so brewery "Big O" porter. And i had Furthermore's Burbon barrel aged scotch ale... OMG that was delicious and kicked you in the ass at 10% ABV. Of course my Dad being the single guy now was the "Old man" flirting with all the girls. it was funny.

Received some bad news last night: My class treasurer (and the one who led the planning for our 25th reunion) passed away suddenly over the weekend. He had been a good friend, too. Because a similar death in the class threw me for a loop mentally 12+ years ago, I'm asking those close to me to keep an eye on me, but so far, so good.

first night at my place was interesting, no bed yet just the floor and covers. didn't notice windows were cracked open...the heat went off at like 3, pretty cold. but i managed. can't wait to get the tv and xbox up in that bitch!!! it's been far...too...long..

working 5-9 tonight. pretty bored, fiance's in class most of the day...i'm chillin at the university's library since i dont have tv or xbox set up yet..may go for a long walk but it is 35 degrees? hmm...screw it i'm going to go for a nice long walk. i love that downtown scranton is only like 2 miles from my place.

Managed to pick up some contract work as a Legal Assistant. The upside is I can work from home for most of it.

The downside, as with any contract work, is that it's not regular. Damnit.

Still need a full time job. I'm going to start looking out of state soon, so if anyone has any lawyer friends that need a legal assistant/paralegal....... >.>

Oh, and happy new year eveyone. GL HF DD KA NO RE.

We finally got our snow in Wisconsin. 2 inches of light stuff that is drifting in the 18 mph winds. My cat was going completely nuts in the house running around. he would walk by me and then run away when I made the slightest move in his direction. When I threw him outside he would act like the snow was biting his paws as he walked on it. Then it turned into a game of hide and run away while i got ready for the morning.

Puppies are messy. I don't like it.

Daytime hours at work kinda suck. I don't like it either.

My exercise bike is finally together. Now I just have to put the time together to, I dunno... maybe actually use it.

Finished Gears 3 last night. Pretty satisfying ending.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Some drama this morning: I'd been having something of a problem with the lock on my door since I moved into my current apartment about 13 years ago, but it decided to finally give up the ghost when I had a visitor here, effectively locking me in and my visitor out. The hardware in my door is three pieces, the door handle, the lock itself (which can be operated with the door handle to unlock it from the inside), and the cylinder (which you put your key in to lock and unlock it from the outside). Only the lock needed to be replaced after maintenance unlocked it from the outside, so I was able to keep my key.

Archived