Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We ended up getting 5 inches of snow here in WIsconsin. Ended up snow blowing the driveway 3 times as it drifted rather bad. Not to mention the new 4 ft wide sidewalk in our front yard.

Elderly lady next door usually has someone plow her driveway but he was out of town and asked me to help. It was no problem and I was happy to do it. Gave me $20 and i even came back the next day to clear the drifting and the end of her driveway that the blow left for free.

Next weekend I am celebrating my 37th Birthday a bit early (normally the 25th) with a party and I am inviting a bunch of people over to play Talisman with all the expansions

Be better then the last one when my mom passed 3 days before my birthday

Conversations with my Cat while in my bed room:

Me: "Hi Jae!"

Jae: "Mrrrrrrr-rwow?"

Me: "You know about 98percent of these things here in this room I've owned long before the two of you existed..."

Jae: "Mrrrrrrrr-rwow!"

All at the while, 'Skittish' Bob *STARES*

---------------------------------------

Yeah, they're getting bigger now D:

they normally hang out with me during the day and evening, sleeping on my bed :D

I have a feeling that the 'real Jae' still wants em :p

Trying to hit on ridiculously hot girl I was accompanying for at Mass this morning. But this other dude from the choir stayed late and WOULD NOT GO AWAY. He obviously likes her. And he knows her better since they are in the choir together. Meaning I have no chance. The only thing I have on him is that I am taller than she is, and he isn't. But if he keeps blocking me, it doesn't matter, since I'll never be able to get her alone and work my mojo, dang it :mad: At least I was able to insert an invitation to privately rehearse with her if she wanted. If you know what I mean. And I think you do.

2/3rds of the way through a 3-day weekend... and I'm exhausted. And... I really haven't done anything!!!

How does that work?

Mom is now laying a guilt-trip on me for not being around much to do stuff around the house. Which I guess is a nice change from the last 20+ years of guilt-trip for always being around the house too much in my time off, sitting around moping and/or playing games,.. and not, say, being out getting a girl, and setting up to get her grandkids.

I can't seem to win with her. Ever.

And now when I am here, she puts this crap on me... making me regret staying at home... and making it more likely that I'll spend even less time here.

My son is 8 months old already. Named him after my grand-uncle who was "missing in action" in World War II, until a year and half ago, when I found a document in archives confirming that he was actually "killed in battle", also indicating where he was buried.

And now when I am here, she puts this crap on me... making me regret staying at home... and making it more likely that I'll spend even less time here.

you never will. When you stay in the nest, no matter what the reasons, be prepared to be sat on.

2/3rds of the way through a 3-day weekend... and I'm exhausted. And... I really haven't done anything!!!

How does that work?

Mom is now laying a guilt-trip on me for not being around much to do stuff around the house. Which I guess is a nice change from the last 20+ years of guilt-trip for always being around the house too much in my time off, sitting around moping and/or playing games,.. and not, say, being out getting a girl, and setting up to get her grandkids.

K-K is right lol

Keyan, are you closer to DC or Baltimore? B/C if it's the latter, we're going to have a very interesting week. :p

I live a bit closer to Baltimore. Is this some football thing you're talking about? Because if so, I'll probably be oblivious to whole thing. I mean, go Ravens and everything, but I'm just not a football fan.

you never will. When you stay in the nest, no matter what the reasons, be prepared to be sat on.
At this point, it feels much more like I'm the parent bird, however.

I'm providing for everything financially... and I take care of 90% of all the chores that need to be done around the place (when I'm there, of course...) and I have to look after her quite a bit now. Stay after her to shower and pick up after herself, and do her laundry... etc...

So when she gets on me I kind of chuckle a bit...

But I have been spending a lot of time with the girlfriend and her kids... simply because I actually have it to spend at the moment. 2 weeks from now, I'll be flat out again with shows, and they'll be saying they never see me because I'm always working.

I taught them all a bit about D&D yesterday. They seemed to enjoy it... though all we really did was make characters for them, and a sample combat encounter. Barely scratched the surface. And I'm super rusty as a DM. I guess I need to re-read some of the rule books.

I'm my copious spare time, of course... :dozey:

I taught them all a bit about D&D yesterday. They seemed to enjoy it... though all we really did was make characters for them, and a sample combat encounter. Barely scratched the surface. And I'm super rusty as a DM. I guess I need to re-read some of the rule books.

I'm my copious spare time, of course... :dozey:

Which version of D&D? Regardless, use a pregen campaign.

In my D&D group we have a bunch of high level characters (16-18) but it is all homebrew for the adventures, and setting. Rather talented DM I got. tho the players don't have much imagination.

THis weekend I am having an early birthday party where I am going to play this

pic332870_md.jpg

with all the expansions (Dungeons, Highland, Frostmarch, Reaper, Sacred pool, and Dragon). Completely random, beer and pretzels D&D game

Going shopping for some of the food right now

Archived