Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

the commonly held belief by conservatives is LESS money should be spent on education, or less taxes, and less spending.

ONe idea that might have some merit is allowing the teachers to have concealed carried weapons. Might not stop school shootings, but it might reduce the casualties.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I'd be comfortable knowing that a bunch of overworked, underpaid, stressed-out public school teachers were all carrying firearms around a bunch of curious, excitable, judgement-lacking children.

Seems like a recipe for more horror and disaster.

I seriously doubt having a full-time armed security guard at every school would be worth the cost. And having all the teachers carry guns could indeed be very problematic. Maybe the willing teachers, properly and continuously trained, if it were kept secret somehow. But what might be better is having a single locked-up gun somewhere with only the administrators and possibly a subset of approved teachers having access to it. That wouldn't be a huge cost, and it could conceivably be enough to stop a school shooter in the act before the police could get there. But still, probably not before he's already started killing. Even if every teacher were armed, if a killer got in the building without immediately being noticed, there's still a good chance people would die before anyone could stop him.

i hate colds. got dayquil, nasal spray, and vapor rub. missing some gym time tonight, my nose is too runny and i dont want to spread my germs.

Star Wars The Old Republic is freaking awesome...was playing it for a time here today, sometimes the internet works good enough for it, but yesterday it was laggy as hell!

i got it so ****in good here...so much better than what i thought it would be. it feels just like home actually. and i am happy all my bills are going to get paid while i'm here and loan paid off as well, so i can have a great time at home when i get back...planning on turning my rented room into the ultimate gaming theatre. :D which i will never have to leave mwahahahahahahahaaaa

Ugh. Good luck with all of that!

Finishing up the semester, and the school year, with a couple of short shifts today and tomorrow.

Then I'm off until New Year's Eve.

Yay.

Same, except I'm going to be off through New Year's Day. That will be nice, though I've been spending most of my time taking care of my mom after her surgery, and her recovery is still going to take a while yet.

I got my synth back - still has the same problem even after they supposedly replaced every single part in it. This is getting ridiculous. I don't know why they can't reproduce the problem. Maybe it is something with my other gear, although I believe I logically eliminated that possibility. Maybe I'll take it to a friend's studio and see what I can find there.

All I want to do is marry a virtuous, traditional Catholic supermodel and synthesize things. Is that really asking so much!?

about 6 inches fell, and it took an hour of shoveling to clear the driveway and sidewalk. (Snow blower not working). When I came home there was 30 MPh winds and the blowing created another 4 inches I have to shovel tomorrow morning to go to work... again.

I am kind of hoping the world will end tonight... or tomorrow before i go to work.

Punched up a Marvel Pearl (bowling ball) last night. Threw a game with it and had to stand well left and throw it close to the middle board at the arrows to my usual break point. It still came back...the ball is laid out similarly to my Fast (which I had my best games with), but is a stronger ball overall, so I can use this ball on more oil than what my Fast can handle. :joy:

Sorry to hear that, Crackles...

It's been a mixed bag year for the ol' XWA crew... has it not?

I have consciously decided to be epically lazy and unproductive all day today. I think I'll spend most of it playing video games. Watch some TV. Nap...

I figure that was what was going to happen even if I planned on being ultra-productive. Why fight it?

:joy:

Archived