Home

Troopers are pretty boss

Rogue Nine

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shouldn't gripe about Taris in KotOR, it was my first RPG and I didn't listen real well and got stuck in the upper city for like 8 hours. My fault for not listening, but the side product of my mistake was that was how I found Lucas Forums. ;)

I didn't even mind Taris in TOR. Well except when I kept dying fighting that swamp thing with Mav and Lynk.

My BH finished Taris tonight and just landed on Quesh (level 37). To reiterate my earlier comment, Taris was a complete breeze, even hitting higher level mobs. By contrast, I recall my Juggernaut had more than a few rough patches during his sojourn there.

Speaking of the Jugg, I went back to him tonight to try once again to solo the class quest on Voss he was stuck on. I abandoned him a week ago after dying repeatedly. After reading a big thread on Sith Warrior/Jedi Guardian issues over at the official forum, I decided to try once again using a different tack. Again it resulted in failure. Given how much I prefer the BH in terms of playstyle, I'm not sure when I'll go back to him.

Taris is one of my favorite planets in KotOR, but in TOR it definitely didn't live up to that for me. Was hoping they would have rebuilt more than they did in 300 years...

agreed, i hoped to see some familiar locations rebuilt after 3 centuries. More importantly, I had hoped for Taris to be the 'KotOR reference' planet, and aside from a couple like the Endar Spire, which, in itself wasn't special, there was none. Could have been something about the Undercity Outcasts, but zilch.

@Miltiades

I don't find either the Smuggler or the Imperial Agent too difficult, but I think they are incredibly fun. But to answer your question, yes, they are near enough the same

So we got impressions on the difficulty for Troopers/Bounty Hunters and the tank-style classes. How is the Imperial Agent doing solo in terms of difficulty? I'm guessing much like the Smuggler?

Smuggler is fun, as a healer it just takes some planning and patience. However I am getting better at it. Level 41 and having a blast.

@ Taak Farst - there a few more things on Taris linked to KotOR besides Endar Spire. I thought some of the references to Revan were rather far-featched.

The three things I can remember besides the Endar Spire are

swoop bike, outcast and the rakghoul serum.

Could have been something about the Undercity Outcasts, but zilch.

Look around some more because the undercity and the outcasts are in there. :)

The (possible) references to KotOR I have experienced myself so far, haven't been very satisfying to be honest. The questline involving Revan on Nar Shaddaa wasn't terribly exciting. It must lead to something, but on its own, it's quite underwhelming. Then there's the Czerka storyline on Tatooine (Empire side) involving an ancient artefact, which was nothing special but gave us

The Imprisoned One, which I'm guessing is the Rakata from KotOR who uses riddles. Maybe I don't remember him that well anymore, but I'm not sure he was the power-hungry being he's being portrayed as in TOR.

I smiled when I saw the name Ulgo appear on Alderaan, though. :)

Bounty Hunters are even awesomer. By level 37 I have had the opportunity to forcibly disarm two people in cutscenes where they got the drop on me and demanded I surrender (hah!). One of which was a Jedi who I flipped over, pinned to the ground and then, after a nonchalant "I thought Jedi were supposed to be fast", casually shot in the face. Bad ass. My Jugg has choked and sabered a lot of people to death in cutscenes, but it's not quite as cool as a non-Force user getting one over on a dress wearer.

I've noticed a couple of times that my Trooper calls his superiors that are women, 'Sir'. Is this intentional or a dialogue screw up?

It's intentional. In most real and fictional (Starfleet, for instance) armed forces you are required to call an officer 'Sir' regardless of gender.

Actually there are several moments in the game where I've encountered different dialogue for males and females. For example, all throughout Alderaan my Marauder, Silvana was called "My Lady" instead of "My Lord" and I've encountered other similar things where the dialogue is obviously different depending on your sex.

If it really was an excuse, they wouldn't have all of those other alternative pieces of dialogue which are very frequent.

I've noticed a couple of times that my Trooper calls his superiors that are women, 'Sir'.?

Years ago, when star wars the clone wars came out, (I don't like it anymore) I noticed the clones called Ashoka "Sir" even though she is a girl. So I guess it's just something Troopers call women,

Years ago, when star wars the clone wars came out, (I don't like it anymore) I noticed the clones called Ashoka "Sir" even though she is a girl. So I guess it's just something Troopers call women,

You mean "superiors" (as Jedi, regardless of gender, would be considered "superior officers" to the troopers).

I just got my ship and am preparing to leave Coruscant. Just one question though... do you think it's a bit pretentious of me to nickname my ship "The Clap"?

:joy:

LOL!

That's what my friend calls his ship. :giggle1:

I'm leveling my commando with his vanguard plus a sage and guardian. Leveling in a group of 4 with two of them having Mortar Volley only accents how truely awesome Troopers are. Walk into a room full of non-elites? Room asplodes and the Sage & Knight are picking up the scraps.

Having way too much fun as a Commando...

The other day I decided I was far too amazing for normal armor and was in need of a cape so I purchased an orange JK piece with extra Tat Commendations and outfitted it with Aim Mods. I'm officially the caped crusader and it's friggin awesome.

Cape + Massive Double Barrel Cannon + Big explosions = Pure Nirvana

Troopers are pretty dang boss.

Archived