Home

Could TOR lead to HD editions of the KOTOR games?

Henz

God I hope so.

While chances of KOTOR 3 are dead in the water, the success of TOR could potentially lead to a rerelease of the original games with enhanced graphics and maybe even a restoration for TSL. I would LOVE that.

HD anniversary editions are becoming a bit of a trend now, what do you guys think?

The short answer is no. This is not going to happen.

People are mixing up Lucas arts the games publisher with Lucas films.

It is much easier to make a movie bump up to HD or enhance it then to go back and make kotor1/2 HD. Games are more likely to break if you play with them. Since the new operating systems on the computer sometimes have issues with running an old game like kotor1/2 I can only see that they would gave to tweak and update the game which = money.

On top of that the two kotor games are by different developers so they could not even make a deal with bioware to do something like HD and hid the cost.

Film and games have two different business plans.

We might see future games in the time line of the old republic but not made by bioware, will be another game developer.

I personally never heard of a game being updated line this when the game is several years old.

Could you expand on that, or provide some links? I've tried googling, but I couldn't find anything about the game being abandoned by players. :)

Just check the general discussion in the official forums.. Supporters are claiming its just the Vocal minority, but there are hundreds of threads saying "This game sucks", "Why Tor is broken", "Tor will fail", "Un-subbed" "Bye Bye" etc :)

Just check the general discussion in the official forums.. Supporters are claiming its just the Vocal minority, but there are hundreds of threads saying "This game sucks", "Why Tor is broken", "Tor will fail", "Un-subbed" "Bye Bye" etc :)

Hundreds still doesn't mean the game is a failure, and most of them are based on personal opinion.

It's still far too early to determine whether the game is a success or not, even if a few trolls on the TOR forums (and those forums are god-awful as it is) think everyone should bow down to their superior judgement.

I think Bathesda is the next logical choice in the progression of awesomeness for new games. If they make a KoTOR era RPG with combat and gameplay choices as expansive as Skyrim, they will make a killing for sure. I would kill for lightsaber combat in keeping with that tier of graphics and gameplay quality!

Or, hey, remake the first two KoTOR games in that style. THAT would be where the true money is to be made, and where LucaArts surely is not yet brave enough to go, but the true moneymaker is to remake games I believe they would sell like wildfire.

Haha they should've remade TieFighter ages ago but the pro is they can still do it and it'll be wicked sick.

@adamqd---what would you like to see, specifically, that you feel is missing from TOR?

Also, given how Lucas films and others (think James Bond series, etc..) have cleaned up by rereleasing the same movie tweaked and with extras, it really shouldn't be beyond the pale for a game company to rerelease an extremely popular game with a ready fanbase waiting to spend their money. I'd consider getting several other games if their graphics were updated (think HL and maybe even SWDF and DN3D:AE).....once the price dropped to <$US20 pretax.

@adamqd---what would you like to see, specifically, that you feel is missing from TOR?

The way they instance/shard the game up in to sections means there is not a "Massive Multiplayer" feel, the most people I see are the 16 people in the Warzone. which leads me to another thing, 3 warzones and an imbalanced factional presence in the open worlds, makes PVP a minigame at best.

MMO stuff aside, I need an Appearance tab, and a Barber shop lol, I want to be able to have my Character look different to every other smuggler I come across, I know they have made it so lower level stuff can be modded but it rarely has the prerequisites to bring the armor rating up to par with high level gear; which whether it be PVE or PVP orientated, its not up to the job.

I will happily re-sub in the future, but its kind of a sub-par RPG, and a sub-par MMO put together at the Moment.

Regardless of my Love for KotOR and RPG's, if its an MMO I want to afk grind to end game and raid with badass gear, Story isn't on my mind. If I go to a dance club I'm gonna order a Jaeger-bomb and hit the dancefloor, not get a coffee and read a book at the corner table.

(I of course knew this game was trying something new with the fourth pillar stuff, but I didn't realize how little I would enjoy it)

There are other small things I dislike, but I'd rather not sully a KotOR III thread with it hehe.

Archived