Home

Why doesn't Gilbert team up with Telltale to make the real MI3?

boringnick

Ron is still talking about the "real" Monkey Island 3 that he still wants to do:

So, what's holding him back? All these years he talks about the real MI3 and the "real" reveal of the big MI secret.

I just don't get it why he doesn't team up with Telltale to do this game finally. Of course they can't call it Monkey Island 3, because of copyright, but how about "MI: Big Whoop"? I once thought that all his talk about "3a" was just a big joke, but given the fact that he speaks about it constantly for years probably means that he really has the "real" MI3 story under his sleeves.

• 2 months later...

It's not that easy. LucasArts owns the rights to Monkey Island so they would have to allow Ron Gilbert to do it. He can't just make a game in the Monkey Island universe without their permission. I read in past interviews that he often talked to LucasArts about it, but everytime it became a little bit more serious the CEO of LucasArts left and everything began from scratch. Also, Ron Gilbert is making a game right this moment at Double Fine and he'll work on a new adventure with Tim Schafer, so he is busy right now. But who knows what might happen in the future.

• 2 years later...

People living in the future know what might happen in the future because they're already there in the future. To them, the future is the present. To people living even further in the future, the future is the past and they can read about what happened in the past in history books and stuff unless the world has been decimated by a nuclear holocaust or natural disaster or Biblical flood or something, and even then they'd only be unable to read about it if nobody had the foresight to put all the history books in some kind of boat.

So those guys know what might happen in the future.

Nobody asked who knows what might happen in the future in the time travelling thread, probably because if they're time travellers they already know. They know that time travel will be invented, for one thing.

• 1 month later...

Alright Ray calm down no need to tell everyone you have no penis

Edit: Oh I can't believe you would post something like that and then edit it away. Where's your integrity?! In that threshing machine along with your knob, no doubt.

Alright Ray calm down no need to tell everyone you have no penis

Edit: Oh I can't believe you would post something like that and then edit it away. Where's your integrity?! In that threshing machine along with your knob, no doubt.

We need a Gerbil, preferably a Synthetic one.

Archived