Home

6 Year Old Plays Butt Doctor, Gets Pants Sued

Giant Graffiti

Looks like Shem isn't going to be posting this:

The parents of a Grant County boy who authorities have accused of first-degree sexual assault for playing doctor with a 5-year-old girl when he was 6 years old have filed a federal lawsuit against the county's district attorney, a social worker and a former Sheriff's Office investigator.

[...]

"I think his life has been ruined, and I think it's been ruined by reckless conduct by the defendants without any regard for the little boy and his future," said Chicago attorney Christopher Cooper, who is representing the boy and his parents in the lawsuit.

The boy, who is now 7 and has a developmental disability, has been diagnosed with stress disorders that medical professionals attribute to the defendants' actions, according to the suit. He has experienced fear of going to jail, as well as anxiety, depression, sleepless nights, vomiting, crying and missed school time.

Source.

And also there's a countersuit. :thmbup1:

According to the complaint (PDF), the girl is "the daughter of a well-known political figure in Grant County," and her brother, who is the same age, also was involved in playing doctor but was not charged. In addition to Riniker, the lawsuit names as defendants retired Grant County Sheriff's Sgt. James Kopp and Jan Moravits, an investigator with Grant County Social Services "whose regional supervisor...is the political figure's wife's sister-in-law"—i.e., the aunt of the alleged victim.

Sounds like abuse of power for purely personal reasons. Corrupt ****ers.

I... just..

Oh wow.

The boy, who is now 7 and has a developmental disability, has been diagnosed with stress disorders that medical professionals attribute to the defendants' actions, according to the suit. He has experienced fear of going to jail, as well as anxiety, depression, sleepless nights, vomiting, crying and missed school time.

The poor little guy. :(

Sounds like abuse of power for purely personal reasons. Corrupt ****ers.

Agree.

Seriously why the hell would they prosecute this poor kid, I do not believe that the law makes it necessary to take child play so seriously! The MOST he would normally get is juvenile counseling but taking it to the extent its at really strikes me as off. What were they thinking? What good will this do, apart from setting an example of extremity?

Seriously why the hell would they prosecute this poor kid, I do not believe that the law makes it necessary to take child play so seriously! The MOST he would normally get is juvenile counseling but taking it to the extent its at really strikes me as off. What were they thinking? What good will this do, apart from setting an example of extremity?

Welcome to the US, where 90+% of the population has a criminal record.

Crime creation is big business here.

Hate to be an ass, but the answer's pretty obvious, here.

/sips Victory Gin™

Archived