Home

Tabletop D20 Conversion Mod

jordo21

Tabletop D20 Kotor Conversion Mod

Description of Mod:

=====================

This mod converts the stats in Kotor to the tabletop d20 RPG version. The source material used was Star Wars Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook, Star Wars Hero Guide, Star Wars Arms and Equipment Guide, Power of the Jedi Sourcebook, and The Dark Side Sourcebook. All the items have been changed to reflect the prices and stats of what is in various Star Wars d20 RPG books. This has the effect of making ranged weapons more deadly. Also all the classes have been changed to the d20 tabletop RPG version. This has the effect of many of the classes getting more feats per level and makes each of the classes more specialized. Also all the party members stats have been changed to reflect the new changes.

=====================

Installation:

Just extract all files into your Kotor override directory.

You can download this mod at:

http://hotfile.com/dl/147499835/9169b69/KotorD20TabletopV2.3.zip.html

Also some may prefer just to get parts of this mod. So you can also choose to get just the items part of this mod or just the changes to the classes.

If you want just the items for this mod, you can get that here:

http://hotfile.com/dl/147499802/eb04190/KotorD20itemsV1.9.zip.html

Or if you want just the changes to the classes, you can get that here:

http://hotfile.com/dl/147499766/aa6636e/KotorD20Classes1.6.zip.html

Thank you!

Interesting, trying this. For those of us without those source books, can you go into more detail as to what it changes for each class specifically?

Also, does it change (kotor spoiler)

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Dark Side Bastila's stats?

edit: is it intentional that any class can pick sneak attack as a feat?

edit2: a suggestion. perhaps break the mod up into parts, changing the classes and changing the items, because perhaps people will want to keep the classes one way but want to change the items.

edit3: sorry for so many questions! will this mod also change the weapons enemies use? will enemies using ranged weapons do more damage?

Interesting, trying this. For those of us without those source books, can you go into more detail as to what it changes for each class specifically?

Thank you for your interest in the Kotor d20 Conversion mod. Ok so here are the details on how each class is set up in the mod:

Scoundrel Class: Class Skills are Persuade, Computer Use, Repair, Security, and Stealth. By level 20 he will have AC bonus of 15, Attack bonus of 20, and 18 feats besides starting feats. He gets 6 VPs and 8 skill points per level.

Scout Class: Class skills are Awareness, Stealth, Treat Injury, and Repair. By level 20 he will have AC bonus of 15, Attack bonus of 15, and 20 feats besides starting feats. He gets 8 VPs and 6 skill points per level.

Soldier Class: Class skills are Demolitions, Awareness, and Treat Injury. By level 20 he will have AC bonus of 15, Attack bonus of 20, and 20 feats besides starting feats. He gets 12 VPs and 2 skill points per level.

Also, does it change (kotor spoiler)
Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Dark Side Bastila's stats?

No it won't change that.

edit: is it intentional that any class can pick sneak attack as a feat?

The feats each class can choose from is intentional. Some classes cannot choose sneak attack as a feat such as the soldier class.

edit2: a suggestion. perhaps break the mod up into parts, changing the classes and changing the items, because perhaps people will want to keep the classes one way but want to change the items.

Good suggestion. I will do that.

edit3: sorry for so many questions! will this mod also change the weapons enemies use? will enemies using ranged weapons do more damage?

Yes it will change the weapons the enemy uses and yes enemies using ranged weapons will do more damage.

Thank you again for your interest in this mod.

Thanks for that. I'm gonna try just the item changes. I think this will give the game a different feeling than when I played the first time, as battles are sure to be faster and more dangerous. Kinda like in the movies, where one blaster shot is enough to down a soldier. I'll let you know how it goes.

I really enjoy the new mod by UnknownJedi and TamerBill called Content Pack 1 with New Feats and Powers. There was one file that was in conflict with my mod though so I made a patch file that will make my mod called the Kotor D20 Conversion mod and the Content Pack 1 mod compatible with each other. So once you have installed both mods just download my patch file and put it into the override file. You can get the patch file at:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21235663/featD20Patch.zip

Having fun so far. Together withthis difficulty mod it definitely makes ranged weapons more important. I keep on thinking that "man these weapons are overpowered" and then I come across an enemy with the same weapon that takes down my main char with one shot.

Two suggestions:

a) the scout begins the game with an implant that you made level 2. Consider replacing it with some level 1 implant, I noticed you changed the tier of a bunch of implants.

b) This one would be a lot of work so I don't know if you'd want to. I'm using the WotOR mod and that adds a lot of new weapons to the game. Perhaps you can increase the damage of those weapons to make them consistent with your mod?

c) I noticed you replaced the red light armor (benadon alloy heavy suit) you can buy from Kebla Yurt on Taris with some other armor. That means it's hard to find light armor, i.e. for scoundrels, better than the combat suit. You have an armor that increases stealth, but stealth isn't that useful, and it drives up the price higher than a character is likely to afford at the start of the game. And at the start of the game, one blaster shot can take you down. You have armor for jedis, but of course that's not useful until you have a jedi in your party.

d) to make them more consistent with your weapons changes, you might want to increase the damage of robots with "innate" ranged weapons, like those floating guys that shoot out of their "shoulders".

Note that I'm trying to find the very worst parts of your mod. All in all it's been good, though I'm just using the items part. Your mod is a lot of fun so far, at least if you've played the game more than once and are looking for a new style of gameplay - end the battle as quick as possible. I'm not sure I like it more than the old way, but that's not a comment about your mod.

edit: the armor may be too powerful though, as the enemies don't have the same advantage as you.

RE: GlowingFauxPas

Thank you for your interest in this mod. You have some good suggestions and if I have time I will do my best to implement them. I have a new updated version with some improvements too. I have improved some of the merchants of Taris to give you more options of armor to buy and also improved some of the opponents on Taris too.

Just personal preference, there is a group of certain mods I like to play together with this one. The mods have combined with this mod and like to play are: Sith Assault Armor Pack, KOTOR Republic Clone Trooper Mod, Content Pack 1: A Collection Of Feats And Powers, Enhanced Merchants for K1, Fett Style Mandalorians for K1, Juhani - Total Makeover, Hardcore 2011 Talchia Style, K1 Force Pack, Operation Kill Bastila v1.4, KOTOR Republic Commando Mod, Segan Wyndh Armor by ChAiNz v1, Cassus Fett's Battle Armour Reskin by Mandalore V3, Challenging Insane Selkaths at Manaan, Super Skip Taris, No Turrets, and Sith Special Forces Armor. For anyone else that would like to play with all these mods combined into mine. You can get that at:

http://hotfile.com/dl/147499735/e83177f/KotorUM3.0.zip.html

Hope you enjoy!

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this!

Does that lone lonebullet link include the additional mods he added? First time I saw this I was so hyped, but couldn't drop the mods I had. I JUST rediscovered the mod and his additions.

If that is not the one you linked, maybe someone may know where to look

That I don't know.

Oh well, just you sharing the link helped! Thank you.

And if anyone ever comes across this and is interested, the D20 mod does work on the mobile KOTOR. I am not certain if the mod pack version above works, but I can verify I'm through Taris and The D20 Mod worked flawlessly. AS DOES the Better Merchants mod.

These mods really make the game fun after you've beaten it countless times. And having the D20 on the mobile version was just me bored at work - but now I'm hooked on that even with my computer having all the mods I've downloaded.

Neat to know.

Archived