Home

Sad News.

DarkStarMojo

Contrary to popular belief I'm not dead. ;)

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure this mod is. :(

Naturally, given the exuberantly long period of time since any updates, I owe everyone an explanation. Which is simply: life gets in the way. This past year has been a roller coaster - lots of highs and lots of lows. First, my grandfather fell ill last year (when the mod was unfortunately plagued by menu issues that I've been unable to correct on my own - and attempting to contact Fracman for help proved futile - he was as scarce as I've been as of late) and, quite sadly, passed away earlier this year after several hard-fought months.

On the upside (for me, at least) I have a new job which affords me some degree of financial stability and independence, for the time being. The downside is that it leaves me pretty exhausted at the end of the day and gives me little time to pursue all of my interests, game design - which is rather taxing and a lot more effort than you may realize - being chief among them.

All of this should have gone up on the main page except... I nearly suffered a Hard Disk crash recently that forced me to back up as many of my personal files as possible. I believe I've saved the most recent data from the Mod but it's going to take a while to sort through everything to be sure. On top of that, I have to track down my login info for the DFMOD website. So until then I can't officially update any news or downloads.

Given the logistics and the fact that this community has dramatically shrunk with the lack of a new JK game - the only major project that still seems to be going strong is OJP and that's likely due to the loose nature of the modification - at least compared to ours - it's pretty much impossible for me to finish this game on my own, even if I had all the time and dedication in the world (which, sadly, I don't). It hasn't been an easy decision to make, which is part of the reason why I haven't updated in so long - I didn't want to admit to myself that there was no way I could reasonably continue (and who wants to wait another six or seven years, at best, for the whole thing. But the writing is on the wall at this point. At best, once I get things sorted I'll upload the finished Detention Center revamp and what I've completed of Nar Shada and Jabba's ship (which are significant), though I don't foresee much beyond NS seeing a full release.

So, as of today, 1/26/12, DFMOD is, sadly, done. I will make it a point to get the remaining unfinished assets out there so anyone can play around with them as they see fit.

Peace and May the Force Be With you.

EDIT: No sooner had I completed this post than I found the login info. So it's officially going up on the website. It IS official, as of now.

Also sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing. Would like to add my thanks for the hard work you did taking over the mod... one that had already gone seemingly stagnant. The amount of work actually completed in the mod is pretty amazing. Hoping the XL Engine keeps progressing to keep DF going.

Out of curiosity... did much of Ramsees Hed get mapped out? I remember seeing some screenshots a long while back but that could just have been for a few rooms.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. They mean a lot.

Out of curiosity... did much of Ramsees Hed get mapped out? I remember seeing some screenshots a long while back but that could just have been for a few rooms.

There are some areas I'd like to improve but the level is otherwise 100% complete.

what are your plans with the mod assets not yet used in the mod? surely some soul with ambition to continue in the shoes of the teams work could get the opportunity?

There may be plans in the works but it's too early to say. I'll keep everyone posted as things progress.

DSM, sorry to hear about everything. :( let me know if you need anything from me.

Thanks and thank you for all your help. :)

There are some areas I'd like to improve but the level is otherwise 100% complete.

It would be great if you could find a little time to somehow put all the unreleased maps in some kind of pack. I guess many maps are near complete and it would be such a waste to throw all the unreleased work away since the mod is now terminated.

Would be nice to at least partially relive the rest of the DF by just going through the maps (even with /noclip).

It would be great if you could find a little time to somehow put all the unreleased maps in some kind of pack. I guess many maps are near complete and it would be such a waste to throw all the unreleased work away since the mod is now terminated.

Would be nice to at least partially relive the rest of the DF by just going through the maps (even with /noclip).

That would be great. Even if only Ramsees Hed is playable it would be awesome to have one more Dark Forces level to play in the JA engine.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!! Yes! it is I! Salv. sole creator of Talay and Gromas levels and all around mess-upper of shader files! :)

wow this posts are quite recent, I didnt think there would be anyone around here. This is living testimony to the coolness of this mod and our great lord and benefactor, Darth Linux.

Like darkmojo, Im touched by the dedication of the fans after the release of the mod. The ammount of work they've done on maps like Ramses hed, the executor and the others is nothing short of amazing. So thank you very much.

• 3 weeks later...

I love Star Wars and I'm always looking for new SP levels to play in JO or JA. Hopefully Ramsees Hed will be released.

I have The Force Unleashed 1 and 2 on the Xbox 360 and they are great. There are holocrons hidden through the levels that take place of the secret areas. Walking through the Star Wars Universe with next gen graphics is awesome.

• 1 month later...

Archived