Home

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (monophony EP)

sinus

Following last year's release of “The Secret of Monkey Island - monophony EP” there were some people wishing for a PC speaker music album to its sequel, “LeChuck's Revenge”. Now, after some months of promising I'm finally able to say: Yup, it's there!

mi2_monophony.jpeg

Click the image to learn more and download.

Those unwilling or unable to use the BitTorrent system, may download it directly from my server after requesting a link.

Have “fun”! ;)

No, not exactly...

The PC speaker music version had some faults which required some editing. ("Guybrush & Elaine" still is not quite right). LeChuck's Theme would be repeated endlessly as long as those "Meanwhile..." sequences would run ...

I could have done a fade-out like I did with some other tracks. But at the beginning of part 3 (delivery of the crate with Guybrush in it) the music ends like you hear it in the final version. I decided to go for that instead of offering two versions. And of course you can hear the theme at the end of the End Titles with a fade-out ...

I know this isn't strictly on-topic, but it reminded me of my favourite bit of music from MI2... that's only on the Amiga version.

http://www.scummbar.com/mi2/MI2-CD3/Underground%20tunnels%20two%20(Amiga).mp3 (You can hear it until LeChuck finally catches up with the person who was recording the music.)

I really wish they'd made a high definition version of this when you're wandering around finding your dead parents and trying to avoid LeChuck... The PC version was always missing the main thrust.

• 4 months later...

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I'm at wits end right now. Last year I managed to track down an original copy of The Secret of Monkey Island because I was curious about all the hoopla. I played the game and found it quite enjoyable, on-par with all of my other favorite LucasArts classics. Naturally, the sequel beckoned with its universally glowing reviews, so I set off to nab a copy of that one, too.

What I didn't realize was that it is literally impossible to find an original copy of Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge on CD-ROM. All I see are the Amiga or Mac versions on floppy disks, or the Monkey Island Madness combo pack, and it's driving me crazy!!! :swear:

Beg, borrow, or steal: Does ANYBODY know where I can get an original DOS CD-ROM copy of Monkey Island 2 (that won't cost a fortune)?

whipwarrior: Laserschwert is right. There's no actual "CD-ROM version". The only CD-ROM releases of Monkey Island two were compilations which featured the floppy version. I've been collecting various versions of these games for years, and I can tell you that Monkey Island 2 is about the easiest, as there is only one PC version. All subsequent releases are copies of the original floppy version. I just checked my White Label Double Pack CD, and the files are the same as my original floppy version.

Monkey Island 1 has a version with CD audio, and this would be included in the compilation CDs. Monkey 2 uses iMuse and never had CD audio.

Well, maybe the SECOND best game of all time. Fate of Atlantis holds that coveted title in my life. But I'm really excited to play MI2 this summer as a well-deserved reward for completing my novelization of aforementioned best game of all time. :-)

LOL Hey, I said I was going to play MI2 after I finish the book! *cough cough* Although I *DID* play Fate of Atlantis all the way through last Sunday... but it was strictly for research and I promise that I took no enjoyment from it.

Yeah, RIGHT!!! :lol:

But seriously, you'll be happy to know that I'm currently in the middle of chapter 19, and starting tonight I'm on vacation for 10 straight days of writing. The book will be finished before July, I promise.

And THEN I have to finish the short prequel, Indiana Jones and the ###### #########.

Then I'll begin work on the novelization of Maniac Mansion and Full Throttle.

PSYCHE!!!

Yeah, Krede already turned in an EPIC teaser poster for me to use on all of the forums, and an incredible Struzan-esque final cover that I designed myself. Plus, the website will include a ton of bonus material documenting the writing of the novel, so there's lots of cool stuff to look forward to next month. :thmbup1:

UPDATE: MI2 arrived and successfully installed into ScummVM!!!

UPDATE: MI2 arrived and successfully installed into ScummVM!!!

Successfully installing means testing, which means running the game, which means you've started, and you won't stop until you've finished. Which for a first Monkey Island 2 play-through could take weeks. Poor book :(

No, all I did was transfer the game files to ScummVM, then hit 'Enter' to make sure it worked. The opening screen came up, with Guybrush and Elaine hanging from ropes in a cavern. They began to talk, and I quickly hit F5 and quit the program.

An exercise in willpower to be sure, but I'm actually holding off until I finish writing my novel.

See you guys in Atlantis! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
The opening screen came up, with Guybrush and Elaine hanging from ropes in a cavern. They began to talk, and I quickly hit F5 and quit the program.

Very impressive. I don't think I could do that. I can't even do that now, after seeing that sequence at least 1138 times.

Will we EVER get tired of watching those classic LucasArts game intros, and then diving into the adventure with glee as if we've never played them before? No! :-)

A few months ago I decided to buy The Dig, after reading about it for years, and I played it for a week until I got stuck on this puzzle with colored crystals, and then I gave up. Maybe I'll try it again after MI2. My willpower to NOT dive into the game is simply because I don't know what I'm missing yet, but I'm sure I'll grow to love it just as I love the classics that I grew up with (Yay for the LucasArts Archives Vol. 1 + Full Throttle!). :-)

Archived